Good Day

I got to spend most of the day playing with the Datsun. Finally got the seized wheel rolling after I got the drum off. The shoes and drum came off together. Lesson learned don't beat alum with sledge hammer but it's off and able to be rolled now. I just hope that's all from that end of car for now.

My windshield is oxidized is there something to clean it up or replacement time?

Chris: You asked: “My windshield is oxidized is there something to clean it up or replacement time?” You may discover it difficult to find a Datsun 510 OEM windshield. Most TPS cars use Lexan windshields and back windows which are also lighter than OEM.

Btw: When I last read your post in the classified section you stated that #15 was for sale at about $850. I sent David Mackey a note suggesting that your position be announced in the TPS Driver’s Meeting on June 18. Would you like to alter your for sale post?

Thank you for continuing the race prep on #15.

Neil Upchurch
Texas Pro Sedans Administrative & Publications Director
210/655-3222 office

Nothing really cleans lexan up, replacing it is the best option. Regal Plastics sells lexan but they also sell MR22 lexan that does not oxidize. My windshield is 6 years old, still looks like new.

Archived