Roger was one of the men behind the luvracin.com website. I've known Roger for years, always a smile, always a friendly handshake. He used every story I ever wrote and sent. Sad he's gone. The below is from the other innovator of the site.

"We met by chance through my wife's office as Roger, and his wife Sharyl were doing AFLAC business. Roger soon heard my wife talk about the Chili Bowl midget race in Tulsa, and got us together. After about six weeks, we finally met, and this is when Rog and I became friends. There are not many people that will hang with you through the thick and the thin, but Roger saw potential in me, as a LuvRacin.com correspondent. I saw potential in a Roger that he might become a man of God, in his own right. We both coached each other in matters of life. Today Roger was able to fully understand all of the prayers and preaching I invested in him. The racing community has lost a good friend, promoter, and good will ambassador. Heaven has gained the man I knew with the big wide grin. For those of us who believe, Roger is not in our past, but in our future. I am looking forward to hearing how he finished his final race, and won the prize we are all running after. I will miss you, but not for long, your friend, Bruce Koen."

Archived