Rest In Peace Rick Rapp

txtom

It is with great sadness that I announce the loss of one of the greatest drivers I ever watched, and one of the nicest men I have been privileged to call a friend.

Rick Rapp passed yesterday evening.

Keep Rick and all his friends and family in your thoughts and prayers. Rapper had a profound effect on most everyone I know in the Texas racing arena, and his knowledge and skills only come along once in awhile. A fierce competitor who would also race you as clean as you race him.

Services will be announced.

Godspeed Rick, i will miss you.

I worked closely with Rick during his TIDA Late Model days. A better person, a better driver, a better man would be hard to find. This man did more with less than anyone I have known over my 51 years of involvement in the sport.

Lord Jesus, welcome our brother Rick into your Kingdom. In Jesus Name, Amen

This really hurts. I

followed Rick for a long time and he was one of the first drivers as a fan I would go down and talk to.He was always polite and accomedating to me and as the years went by my family as well. A great racer and nice guy.He will be missed but all of us who knew him and got to see him race we were truly blessed. Thanks for the memories and Rest In Peace , Rick Rapp.

May Rick Rapp Rest In Peace

What a shock it was to learn of Rick Rapp’s passing. Passing is what he did in his racing lifetime … Rick passed a lot of competition in TEXAS INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S ASSOCIATION Late Model Series Races. Rick Rapp always saved a spin out with a super long drift. He was one of the best race car drivers I have known, both in the TIDA-LM series and elsewhere.

He won 9 of 134 TIDA-LM races which are listed below:

Rick Rapp - July 23, 1988, Corpus Christi Speedway <> 75 laps
Rick Rapp - April 22, 1989, Longhorn Speedway/Austin <> 50 laps
Rick Rapp - May 13, 1989, San Antonio International Speedway <> 35 laps
Rick Rapp - May 27, 1989, Corpus Christi Speedway <> 50 laps
Rick Rapp - June 24, 1989, San Antonio International Speedway <> 33 laps
Rick Rapp - July 1, 1989, Longhorn Speedway/Austin <>100 laps
Rick Rapp - July 29, 1989, San Antonio International Speedway <> 35 laps
Rick Rapp - Sept 2, 1989, San Antonio International Speedway <>103 laps
Rick Rapp - June 20, 1992, San Antonio International Speedway <> 26 laps

He was the 1989 TEXAS INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S ASSOCIATION Late Model Series CHAMPION

Compiled and posted by:

Neil Upchurch
Founder & Former President and Race Director
TIDA Late Model Series, 1988-1997

Very saddened by this news today. He was a childhood hero of mine. Growing up around CCS and SAS, that #99 was always a favorite and front runner. As Nick said, always did great with what he had, not highly financed but a winner. Also from all accounts, a very genuinely nice man. From his racing days to his rat rod truck that would pop up at car shows. A very approachable and kind soul, may he be approached at the Heavenly Gates. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Services will be this Friday, May 13, at Seaside Memorial Park & Funeral Home, 4357 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412. Their phone is (361) 992-9411, and their email is wecare@seasidefuneral.com.

There will be a viewing at the Funeral home on Thursday from 6 to 9 pm.

• 1 year later...

My moms health has been very poor so i have been in nebraska for last year plus, that being said just found out one of my childhood hero's and texas legendary short track driver Rick Rapp had passed away. My prayers go out to his family friends and fans R.I.P. buddy. Ross Bowers

p.s. favorite all time car had Mickey Mouse on the roof!!!

Archived