Compact Update

thumper

I for one don't care to go to any more meetings. I have been to over 20 or 30 and they are always the same thing. Argue a bunch, decide nothing.

I do know what is happening right now is thanks to the generosity of Ken and Ted and the ones we don't know about the track decided not to cancel our division. Because they never received the last printed set, the 2013 SC rules and the fact we never really had a class we were never looked at. Ted tried to propose a set using other tracks rules as a guide but nobody liked them on either side. So what is happening right now is the track says bring what you want to race and we will see where the interest lies so they can determine what tomorrows car will be. It appears to be a mini bomber or a mini stock race car to choose from. Right now we have a few mini stock race cars, a few bomber type cars and a few that can go either way. What are we meeting about? Who is going to be parked? If so the rest does not matter anyway. There will not be enough cars.

Lets start with the most basic problem right now and that is the tire deal. In neither the 2013 or the proposed 2916 rules are racing tires allowed. To enforce that rule disallows 3 cars, two of which have already won features. So what to do? This will be the first item in a meeting as everybody has tires. Choices........enforce the street tire deal and possibly loose 3 cars, one of which already quit? Or do we allow racing tires for those who want to have them? Remember we are the ONLY ones besides bombers that DONT have them. So many of our cars look out of control because they ARE!. The racing tires came from Edna for the Jr mini stocks age 16 and under because THEY did not want their kids running around out of control. I vote to allow them because they are less expensive that a competition DOT radial that's made for asphalt. There is a racing tire for every size and are used at most tracks up north in the Sport Compact classes.

So folks what DO we do. To go with racing tires (keeping the 8 inch rule) we will have half a dozen RACING cars and some others will quit claiming a disadvantage. Or eliminate the racing tires and possibly loose some who don't want to conform. Lets sort that item out before we even think about a meeting discussing engines, bodies, chassis and the like that is different for every brand. Meanwhile don't expect the track to solve all our problems. They are looking at the things all cars have in common right now. The simple fact is those who are going to race are racing and those with excuses will never run out of them. By years end the majority of Corpus racers will be the chosen one for 2017. We only have 5 races left weather permitting.

I will be at the next race but don't plan on loosing to a tire 2 seconds faster again so Im bringing my Hoosers along with my DOTs. I don't care as long as its even for all. There my wha wha wha.

We don't need a meeting to fix this. Just co operation. Im just making a point, I go with the decision you all make. But MAKE ONE!

Racers cant make rules, never have, never will. All we can do is petition the brass for our concerns.

I just want to go out on the track n have a good time.... Lets keep this class moving along as it is now .... I got a friend that im going to help build a car for next year and got a couple others that im getting interested in racing... And a family that races SCCA That are really interested in trying the dirt track scene..... Watever we need to do let just do it.... This is a really fun class

Well hell since it's a run what ya bring guess I'll just tell my girls we going to sit this yr out Damn shame they both really want to race but don't want to just het lapped all the time cause we just starting out and before I spend a whole bunch of money on a car they may or may not like we will just finish the car And let it sit with the other ones for now and see what direction the track goes is going to be for one individual or for a group time will tell

I don't want to sound like a smart a$$ but I have two cars one at both end if this but both have street tire I know what the price is to build a car from the ground up the cage is more than what the rules say but my son is the driver the car is the slowest car out there as of now but he is having fun that's what counts would love to see him up front so build the car and bring it out and have fun with your child stop worrying about ever body else

Stir the stew and see what pours out. What I see pouring is a group of people who just want to be a part of something but don't have the resources to buy go fast store bought goodies to impress others who have everything. We buy our stuff from our backyard junk pile and do our best with what we have. And now we are on the same page finally. Bring your contraption and add to the entire experience. You don't want to be a part? Don't!. You want to play? The door is wide open. Forget the IFS and BECAUSES.

Are we interesting? I hope so. It depends on who you ask. But see how many people read our posts. Almost 1800 views on this thread alone. So is hiteck reading this over and over or are others interested as well.? Its great to see some of the older members looking at us again, theres hope after all.

We are at a point of a new beginning again. Lets make it work by working together. Every team is important and has their own story to tell. Its all about the show and how much fun we have on Saturday night. I will stop whining if everybody else does also. And if a meeting is about meeting everyone and working on improving our show Im there. A meeting to point fingers and gripe about other teams Im not there. People are paying for a show so lets do our part. Until theres a real prize to fight for lets have fun and help each other. I will help anyone who asks. Some have already. Mike is correct about one thing, us old dudes have only our passion to hand over to the younger people. Passion drives this sport, period. Not attitudes. Lets getterdone!

gb I have only read it 1720 times .. :D how many rookies are in this class right now .I have not kept up with who is who .I think the driver in joshua.s old championship Honda accord is new met him once and seems to be excited . the car is a fast car and he did not know that car won 29 races and a championship I say he will get to the front with more seat time ..

Postell, if you are going to build to car and put it in the garage, don't waste your time and money! What your girls need is a safe car to get seat time and experience, so build the car, and let them get started. Let them get some time and do some upgrades later if needed. It doesn't sound like they are going to disqualify anybody. It sounds to me like they want to make a class work. If you are out there with a car your opinions will count. Just my opinion, but if they want to race they should start learning. Good luck to all involved. I hope this gets worked out, we need to keep building our car count in all classes at all tracks. These young ladies can help that problem.

Lets just have some fun first timers old timers dont matter.... I can bet that anyone who is put into a car that has never raced b4 will fall in love with racing just as much in the back as they would if they were in the front.... My racing career has alwaus been in the back.... Not enough money to put into it.... But i have a blast eveytime im on the track

Now someone I can agree with 100 percent .gotta get on the track learn ..steven carpenter pops carpenter and bobby burrows me and a couple of others built or helped build car after car for new drivers in 1989 through 90 . one of the first thing we told em don't worry bout being fast learn first ....go out and just have fun

Archived