Central Texas Speedway hourly schedule, 4/23/2016

NickHolt

Please note that practice is not available this Saturday 4/16/2016, due to the Rusty Wallace program at the track this weekend.

Thank you!

Taylor Waid, Administrative Assistant/Event Coordinator
Central Texs Speedway

post-3-0-91912100-1460658537_thumb.jpg

From 1990 I've always raced by points average up till CTS took over. Pretty sure this is for the fans even though I prefer starting in the back than in the middle (middle of the pack is about all my old car will do). If you can drive and have a good car you can go to the front....and the cone helps too.

Makes no sense to start the junk up front. The guys work too hard on their cars to make them fast, and then to penalize them and put them in the back is fair how?

If it wasn't for the "junk" as you called them then there wouldn't be much of a class . Just because someone doesn't have a late model or their car is slower does NOT make it junk but I guess some people don't realize that part .

I personally think it takes more of a racer/driver to start in the back and drive their way up front and win then to start on the pole and just stay there . JMO

I will have to agree with sam on this one ... cody sam jj me we all have one thing in common .we all raced many years at cc speedway ...tight little track with some good speed times .we all have started high points in the back .the different .we took that challenge and worked our way to the front .that is the most fun in racing .and the best shows for the fans .those junk cars .well most of us started there and man were those the best car we had at that time I have had others come and give me advice to help me pick up the pace and I have helped many the same ..

I realize since the rules have opened up this class has become more of a limited late model class (but still love it). I have been slow to pick up my lap times but I'm working on it. Most may notice I just start in the back anyway. I'm racing for the fun of it and like seeing how far up from the back I can finish with my 13 year old car. I had a few issues with my car so I'll be spectating. Good luck to everyone and drive it on the trailer at the end of the night.

Sorry Toyotatim you feel that way , if the junk cars are slower than the much not junk cars the ones need to move up in the late mod class 7, or more junk cars almost make a class by its self , the junk cars are not slow ,we just haven't got there yet , Sorry you feel that way ......Team 27 28m 41 team

So instead of working on the cars, you want them to move the fast guys out? Now that is funny right there, kick them out for working hard. It is common knowledge in the racing world that junk means slow. In that respect, I have seen brand new good looking cars that were junk. They all look good in the winners circle. Usually, the guys who take pride in their work at least put a nice looking car on the track. The looks have nothing to do with its ability to go fast. Junk usually stays junk, because nobody wants to work on junk.

So instead of working on the cars, you want them to move the fast guys out? Now that is funny right there, kick them out for working hard. It is common knowledge in the racing world that junk means slow. In that respect, I have seen brand new good looking cars that were junk. They all look good in the winners circle. Usually, the guys who take pride in their work at least put a nice looking car on the track. The looks have nothing to do with its ability to go fast. Junk usually stays junk, because nobody wants to work on junk.

WOW ... With talk like that you must not race !!!! Just because a car is slow doesn't mean that driver doesn't put in as much time or work on their cars as the faster cars do . Maybe the "junk" car drivers lack the knowledge or funds that the non junk car teams have or maybe all the slower "junk" cars aren't late models like the fast cars but either way I can guarantee you the time most people spend on their junk or non junk is probably pretty equal in most cases .

But as I said before IT TAKES MORE OF A DRIVER TO START IN THE BACK AND DRIVE TO A WIN THAN TO START UP FRONT AND STAY THERE !!!

From every other rambling post from Tototatim maybe the booze he talks about is consumed to much at his computer LOL

As a fan I appreciate the time, money and hard work EVERY racer puts in to put a car on the track. I see the fast racers point of starting up front especially on asphalt. But it can get real boring quick sometimes for a fan to watch.It can be done starting in the back.STXSSS offered to front qualifiers to take the challenge to go to the back to gain passing points. Wade Jones , Stewart and a few others did it all the time.And this was with 20+ car fields with little "junk" in them. Jones won more times than not.And it is fun for the fan to watch.Maybe putting in passing points would be something to offer. That does give everyone a bonus for passing someone.

Archived