Hughes takes USMTS finale, Butcher scores Ltd Mod win at Shady Oaks Sp

USMTS Returns to Shady Oaks Speedway, 2/11-13/16

By JM Hallas

Goliad, Tx.,(Feb. 13Th, 2016) The final night of action featured a big $4,000 to win payday for the USMTS Modifieds, plus added money for the Limited Modifieds. If the first two nights was any indication it would turn out memorable for fans and racers.

The first two nights saw two former series champions, Rodney Sanders and Ryan Gustin take home checkers in USMTS Modifieds, while Steve Whiteaker jr. and Craig Oakes scored wins the Limited Modifieds and Greg Sexton jr. grabbed top honors in the Mod-Lites.

Saturday night the USMTS was hot and heavy up front between several of the favorites and somewhat of a Texas underdog that his night early in the main event. The Limited Modifieds had thier share of lead changes, but the Pure Stock slugged it out, at times, three wide for the lead.

All Classes ran qualifying through heats, B-mains setting the features for the final night of racing.

Hughes Hustles to Modified Main

After settling for a second place finish on Thursday night, by a mere six inches, Jason Hughes(Watts, Ok.) capitalized on the misfortune of Early leader Bobby Malchus to grab the Saturday payday.

Hughes, who started eighth and moved up to third, was in position to inherit the lead after Rodney Sanders broke a brake caliper and ran over Mulchus while battling for the lead. Hughes, the defending series champion, was able to hold off Friday nights winner Ryan Gustin and Cade Dillard for the win.

Twenty-four cars started the 40-lapper with Malchus and Joe Duvall leading the way. Duvall, on top, led into turn 1, but it was Malchus coming off the bottom of turn 2 grabbing the lead. Duvall trailed with Sanders and Zack Vanderbeek side by side and Hughes up to fifth.

Sanders was able to clear Vanderbeek with Gustin taking sixth from Austin Arneson. Sanders then ducked under Duvall for second, with Duvall spinning himself in turn 1. On the restart Malchus drifted high in turn 4 with Sanders sniffing the bottom.

Hughes then got third from Vanderbeek while Gustin took fifth from A. Arneson. A. Arneson would then spin in turn 3 leaving Lance Town and Brock Bauman scrambling to avoid contact. On the restart Gustin and Vanderbeek went wheel to wheel with Casey Arneson, Cade Dillard and Jesse Sobbing three wide for sixth.

Caution was quickly back out after Steve Whiteaker jr. and Michael Walker got tangled in turn 4. Back under green Sanders held off Hughes with Dillard and Vanderbeel battling for fifth. Billy Vogel brought out a yellow on lap 10 setting up the unfortunate restart.

The first try saw Hughes get a run from third on Malchus, but Sanders retook the spot the next corner. Sanders had a run on Malchus going into turn 3, couldn't get slowed up, and ran over Malchus sending him over the hill, nearly to the water tank. Brock Bauman, A. Arneson, Duvall and Vogel all got caught up in the melee.

With Hughes now on point, Gustin and Dillard battled side by side for second with Sobbing and Vanderbeek wheel to wheel for fourth. Town and Tyler Wollf got together on lap 13 to slow the pace again. As the top three sorted out, Sobbing and Vanderbeek were back at it for fourth and Scott Drake dueling with C. Arneson for sixth.

Ben Kates, Bauman and A. Arneson piled up in turn 4 for a lap 18 yellow. Back under green and coming to halfway it was Hughes beginning to creep away, Gustin, Dillard, Vanderbeek and Sobbing in the top five. Another multi-car tangle between Vogel, A. Arneson, Mickey Lassiter and Barry Gifford brought out a lap 25 yellow.

As green waved again, Vanderbeek and Sobbing were back at it for fourth. Behind them Drake and C. Arneson were swapping sixth nearly corner for corner while young gun Cody Leonard waited, looking for a mistake. As the white flag was shown, Hughes had 8-10 car lengths on Gustin that he carried to victory in the West Siloam Pawn, Murphrey Oil, Red Tail Tackle, Larrys Carburetors, Cates Recycling, Pig-n-Out, Rainbow Graphics, Mullins Race Engines, Hughes Racing Chassis.

post-34-0-11610800-1455483857_thumb.jpg

"I finally got a racecar that would turn around the corners," replied Hughes. "The first couple nights we had a little trouble getting the car to turn. We got her freed up tonight and that made all the difference in the world."

"I can't count the number of changes we made this weekend. We had some different stuff on it, trying it. We finally took it off and went back to the basics. It's where we should have been starting, I guess."

"Thursday night we were better than we were Friday, but still weren't where we needed to be. I don't think I was as good as I should have been either."

"I saw Rodney(Sanders) get into the corner, hit the brakes and the car jerk over. They said he broke the caliper bracket. I've had that happen, when you get on the brakes as hard as you are here, I can see it happening."

"If Rodney had gotten by it would have been a lot of fun trying to get by him. I would have hoped we could reverse the order from Thursday. I saw the picture, it was about ten inches and we were on the short end of the stick."

"Wins don't get any easier, by any means. Everybody is getting tougher out there. You enjoy every one(win) just like you did the last one. So I'm already looking forward to another one."

USMTS Modifieds

12h Jason Hughes(Watts, Ok), 19r Ryan Gustin(Marshalltown, Ia), 97 Cade Dillard(Robeline, La), 33 Zack Vanderbeek(New Sharon, Ia), 99 Jesse Sobbing(Malvern, Ia), 2 Casey Arneson(Fargo, ND), 12d Scott Drake(Joplin, Mo), 12L Cody Leonard(Sinton, Tx), 91 Joe Duvall(Claremore, Ok), 89c Steve Whiteaker jr.(Corpus Christi, Tx), 303 Chase Jupe(Waco, Tx), 4w Tyler Wolff(Fayetteville, Ark), 49jr Jake Timm(Winona, Minn), 34 Mickey Lassiter(Piedmont, Ok), 4m Bobby Malchus(Red Oak, Tx), 21t Lance Town(Wellsville, Kan), 10 Austin Arneson(Fargo, ND), 34w Michael Walker(Alvarado, Tx), 23k Ben Kates(Tonganoxie, Kan), 4* Billy Vogel(West Fargo, ND), 35g Barry Gifford(Ponca City, Ok), 6 Brock Bauman(Eureka, Ill), 20 Rodney Sanders(Happy, Tx), 71 Philip Houston(Odessa, Tx)

USMTS Modified B-mains(Top 5 to A-main)

B-main #1; 99 Jesse Sobbing, 12l Cody Leonard, 12d Scott Drake, 4w Tyler Wolff, 6 Brock Bauman, 23k Ben Kayes, 89c Steve Whiteaker jr., 77 Garrett Gregory, 8 Steve Miller, 4 Cody Bauman, 129 Jamie Campbell

B-main #2; 97 Cade Dillard, 49jr Jake Timm, 4* Billy Vogel, 34w Michael Walker, 34 Mickey Lassiter, 68 Brandon Watson, 38 Ronnie Gould III, 137 Bill Pittaway, 15l Chris Lewis, Chadd Howell

USMTS heats(Top 12 in passing points to A-main)

Heat 1; 19r Ryan Gustin, 4m Bobby Malchus, 35g Barry Gifford, 99 Jesse Sobbing, 4w Tyler Wolff , 49jr Jake Timm, 77 Garrett Gregory, 8 Steve Miller, 4 Cody Bauman

Heat 2; 2 Casey Arneson, 71 Philip Houston, 91 Joe Duvall, 34 Mickey Lassiter, 12L Cody Leonard, 34w Michael Walker, 38 Ronnie Gould III, 68 Brandon Watson

Heat 3; 20 Rodney Sanders, 10 Austin Arneson, 12 Jason Hughes, 6 Brock Bauman, 97 Cade Dillard, 12d Scott Drake, 129 Jamie Campbell, 89c Steve Whiteaker jr.

Heat 4; 33 Zack Vanderbeek, 303 Chase Jupe, 21t Lance Town, 49 Chadd Howell, 23k Ben Kates, 4* Billy Vogel, 137 Bill Pittaway, 15L Chris Lewis

Butcher Best of Limited Modified Bunch

Corpus Christi's Dustin Butcher used a bad night as learning tool Friday night and made it pay off in Saturday nights Limited Modified feature. Butcher lead early in the 20-lap A-main giving way to last nights winner Craig Oakes for a time in the middle stages.

After a mid-race caution, Butcher, who had fallen back to fourth, adjusted his line to something he found the previous night. He charged back to front and retook the top spot, then eased away in his Elhard Electric and Air Conditioning, WW Bodies, Churches Chicken, Extreme Race Engines, Hughes by 89 Motorsports Chassis, for the victory.

After a big melee on the initial start, Butcher was first off turn 1 for the lead as the 25-car field got the green. Behind him Oakes and Johnny Torres were side by side for second with Dustin Robinson and Shane Hoefling wheel to wheel for fourth. Another big pile up in turns 1-2 quickly brought the yellow back out.

Finally into some green flag racing, Hoefling grabbed fourth from Robinson while Garrett Higgins, Eddy Ross and Jimmy Byrd got by Stacey Tyler. Oakes got along Butcher on lap 5 with the two running side by side until Oakes eased the nose out front on lap 6. Torres then got along side Butcher for second, taking the spot.

Coming to the crossed flags it was Oakes, Torres, Butcher, Hoefling and Robinson as the top five pulled away. Gerald Henderson stalled on track to bring out a yellow on lap 12. On the restart Butcher tried a different line and caught Oakes back for the top spot.

Butcher regained the top spot on lap 13, with Robinson and Hoefling continuing to swap fourth. Once back on point, Butcher was able to ease away from Oakes to comfortable margin and carry that momentum to the finish.

Sometimes a bad run is not a bad thing, exclaimed Butcher. It was a lot of fun, I got the opportunity to go outside and it worked out well for me. I switched my line, sometimes as the leader you're not sure where to run. You run where you think it's good. I started falling back. Once Craig, Johnny and Shane got by I ventured outside where I was working yesterday. It was still there I benefited from that.

We showed up with basically the same thing that we ran here last year. Steve jr./89 Motorsports came over and suggested we try a few things that we've been working on. We changes springs, shocks a whole bunch of stuff from Thursday to Friday. I was not liking it yesterday with a bad run, but we turned a negative into a positive on the run today.

As soon as I went to the top, I knew it was my race. The caution helped me get there faster, but I knew no one else was running up there. I knew how good my car was. Once I made it out there, it was just a matter of time.

Without a doubt every race we run down here is a big show. We run with Steve jr., Shane, JJ(Jennings), Craig, all these guys have won big shows. Every time we race locally, it's a big show

I really have to thank God foremost, and my car owner Jerry Elhard. I really couldn't do it without him. 89 Motorsports is the brains of the operation, they just help me look good.

You can't take much from here and translate it to Corpus(South Texas Speedway) for the big ten thousand to win show next month. It's two totally different tracks. If there's a positive, 90% of the races I've run have been in Corpus, I'm comfortable there, the car is good and I've got great support. I'm excited to see how we sit for that ten thousand.

Limited Modifieds

90 Dustin Butcher, 99 Craig Oakes, bd3 Johnny Torres, 10 Dustin Robinson, 63 Shane Hoefling, 37h Garrett Higgins, 56 Broc Bowen, 28j Justin Nabors, bd2 Eddy Ross, 15 Jimmy Byrd, 12r Roly Rodriguez, 84 Stacey Tyler, 161 Hector Aguirre,23 Michael Gay, 5r Ryan Doyon, 37 Bill Pittaway, 21 Chris Florio, 3 Trice Hermes, 55 Gerald Henderson, 174 Mickey Helms, 12 Cody Leonard, 26g JJ Jennings, 115 Chuck Perry, 11t Tom Grothues, 89c Steve Whiteaker jr., 27 Darrel Chandler---dns, 18 Larry Jernigan---dns

Limited Modified heats

Heat #1; 90 Dustin Butcher, 63 Shane Hoefling, 37h Garrett Higgins, 5r Ryan Doyon, 37 Bill Pittaway, 174 Mickey Helms, 28j Justin Nabors, 27 Darrel Chandler, 18 Larry Jernigan

Heat #2; 99 Craig Oakes, 10 Dustin Robinson, 12 Cody Leonard, 89c Steve Whiteaker jr., 15 Jimmy Byrd, 11t Tom Grothues, 21 Chris Florio, 3 Trice Hermes, 23 Michael Gay

Heat #3; bd3 Johnny Torres, 26g JJ Jennings, 84 Stacey Tyler, 115 Chuck Perry, bd2 Eddy Ross, 56 Broc Bowen, 161 Hector Aguirre, 55 Gerald Henderson, 12 Roly Rodriguez

Clement Captures Mod-Lite Cash

Former Sprint Car pilot, Shane Clement(Bonham) showed his versatility in a Mod-Lite going wire to wire for the win their 15-lap feature. S. Clement was chased early by Geoffrey Youngblood and JoeBob Veach before checking out the final half to secure the victory.

After a rough night Friday that saw perhaps early season jitters and the Mod-Lite feature cut short due to time. Tonight was a better story. As the field took the green S. Clement jumped out front trailed by Youngblood, Victor Vargas, Aubrey Taylor and last nights winner, Greg Sexton jr. Vargas had just gotten by Youngblood for second when Joey Rodriguez looped it in turn 4.

On the restart it was almost four wide coming to green with Veach making a run up to third. Gerald Book saw his night end early went he rolled his ride in turn 4. He was checked out and alright. This time it was only, HA only, three wide on the restart with S. Clement still holding the point.

Sexton made his way to fourth past Vargas, while Veach was grabbing second from Youngblood. By halfway S. Clement was checking out as they battled for second while his nephew, Mitchell Clement moved into the top five past Vargas. M. Clement picked off fourth from Sexton, with his uncle S. Clement was on cruise control going on to the checkers.

Mod-Lites

2 Shane Clement, 37 Geoffrey Youngblood, 39 JoeBob Veach, 3x Mitchell Clement, 7 Greg Sexton jr., 24 Victor Vargas, 10 Aubrey Taylor, 6 Brad Wright, 5-0 Eric Salles jr., 66 Douglas Wright, 8 Duane Williams, 64 Larry Carwin, 110 Joey Rodriguez, 50 Gerald Book, 22 Mike Christians---dns, 50r Billy Rape---dns

Mod-Lite heats

Heat 1; 2 Shane Clement, 37 Geoffrey Youngblood, 7 Greg Sexton Jr., 39 JoeBob Veach, 3x Mitchell Clement, 66 Douglas Wright, 50 Gerald Book, 8 Duane Williams

Heat 2; 10 Aubrey Taylor, 24 Victor Vargas, 50r Billy Rape, 6 Brad Wright, 110 Joey Rodriguez, 5-0 Eric Salles jr, 64 Larry Carwin, 22 Mike Christians

Bresee Blows By Pure Stock Field.

Start near the back? No problem for Houston area driver Chase Bresee. After suffering issues while leading his heat race, Bresee fell out and was relegated to an eighth row starting spot in the 20-lap feature.

Bresee methodically picked his way to the front while Edward Oakes, Tony Marinelli and KC Jimerson took turns out front. Bresee caught the leader, Jimerson and took over with a handful of laps remaining. From there Bresee held on after a late restart in the Longs Tire, Gentry Transmission, Sombreros Restuarant, 3D Deisel Repair, Ace Auto Sales, HOT Chassis.

The start of the 20-car Pure Stock was a good indicator of the action that was coming. As the green waved Oakes, Marinelli and Hector Aguirre were almost three wide for the lead. When it finally shook out it was Oakes, Aguirre, Marinelli, Tony Blankenship and Logan Schunka in the top five. Marinelli got a good run on Aguirre for second and kept it going along side Oakes.

Marinelli grabbed the point on lap 2 as Oakes tried to stay along side. Behind them Blankenship, Aguirre and Jimerson were three abreast for third. Marinelli and Oakes were still door to door when yellow waved on lap 5. On the restart Marinelli got away leaving Oakes, Blankenship and Aguirre door to door to door for second. Aguirre claimed the spot while Jimerson took fourth from Blankenship.

Aguirre then was looking inside Marinelli for the lead with Jimerson and Oakes side by side for third. Aguirre got along side Marinelli at the point as Bresee made his way into the top five. Aguirre's top run ended on lap 8 when he broke and slowed backing up the pack, bringing out a caution. Once back to green Jimerson was pressuring Marinelli for the lead as Bresee picked up another spot to fourth.

Marinelli slipped high allowing Jimerson to grab the top spot on lap 11, but company was coming. Jimerson, Bresee and Oakes went three wide until Jimerson nearly spun causing others in pack to loop it behind the lead trio. As the battled up front continued, Bresee got second from Oakes on lap 14.

It wasn't long that Bresee got along side Jimerson and they were side by side for the lead on lap 15. Jimerson would finally spin battling with Bresee getting the point on lap 16. As Bresee broke away on the restart, Brice Baros, L. Schunka and Chase Sanchez were three wide fourth. Bresee inched away from Oakes the final few circuits to score the victory.

Pure Stocks

83 Chase Bresee, 33 Edward Oakes, 07 Logan Schunka, 63 Chase Sanchez, 32 Tony Blankenship, 13 Donald Schunka, 02 Shannon Maurer, 7b Mark Bunden, 7 Jesse Sandoval, 21 Eric Ramos, 99 Brice Baros, 11 KC Jimerson, 115 Hector Aguirre, 29 James Jennings, 73 John Ramirez, 22t Tony Marinelli, 441 Dakota Heinaman, 15 Jamie Dear, 38 Joshua Sewell, 9 Lysa Burton,(DQ), 58 Cheyloh Brodnax---dns, 119 Raymond Dibrell---dns

Pure Stock heats

Heat 1; 33 Edward Oakes, 07 Logan Schunka, 9 Lysa Burton, 441 Dakota Heinaman, 58 Chetloh Flanagan, 15 Jamie Dear, 13 Donald Schunka, 7 Jesse Sandoval, 21 Eric Ramos, 02 Shannon Maurer

Heat 2; 22t Tony Manelli, 115 Hector Aguirre, 32 Tony Blankenship, 11 KC Jimerson, 63 Chase Sanchez, 29 James Jennings, 73 John Ramirez, 83 Chase Bresee, 7b Mark Bunden, 119 Raymond Dibrell

The USMTS road warriors travel a few hundred miles north to Wacos Heart O' Texas Speedway for another Thursday-Saturday(18th-20th) event on the ¼ mile, high banked, clay oval. For more info visit www.usmts.com

Shady Oaks Speedway holds a test-n-tune day on February 27th with its regular points season beginning March 4th for Modifieds, Sportmods, Mod-Lites, Street and Pure Stocks. For more info visit www.shadyoakspeedway.com

And here's the USMTS version

Hughes net $4,000 in USMTS finale at Shady Oaks Speedway

GOLIAD, Texas (Feb. 13) -- The USMTS Casey's Cup powered by S&S Fishing & Rental put the wraps on opening weekend of USMTS Speedweeks Saturday at the Shady Oaks Speedway and Jason Hughes put a bow on a strong weekend with a $4,000 victory.

After starting eighth, Hughes quickly moved toward the front of the field and muscled his way around Zack VanderBeek for third on lap 6 before joining a three-way fight for the lead with Bobby Malchus and Thursday night's winner, Rodney Sanders.

The defending USMTS national champ's job got a lot easier on lap 10 after Sanders made hard contact with Malchus. The result of the skirmish saw Malchus spinning while Sanders sailed over the turn 3 embankment.

While Sanders retired to the pits, Malchus, by rule, was unfortunately relegated to the rear of the pack for the restart which Hughes had the honor of pacing.

Ryan Gustin inherited the second spot and Cade Dillard assumed third when the pack went back to green flag racing, but neither was ever able to mount a serious challenge to Hughes who sailed to his 134th career United States Modified Touring Series triumph.

Behind Gustin and Dillard, VanderBeek held on for a fourth-place paycheck while 13th-starting Jesse Sobbing rounded out the top five finishers. Sixth through tenth were Casey Arneson,
Scott Drake, Cody Leonard, Joe Duvall and Steve Whiteaker Jr.

Duvall, who started next to Malchus on the front row, recovered from a lap-2 spin and clawed his way back to finish ninth, but Dillard went home with the KSE Hard Charger Award after passing 11 competitors from 14th on the starting grid.

After three events in the Production Jars Southern Region presented by Day Motor Sports, Hughes leads Dillard by one point (279 to 273) in the points standings. Gustin is third with 251 markers, followed by Sobbing (251), Duvall (248), VanderBeek (247), Drake (220), Tyler Wolff (211), Arneson (210) and Steve Whiteaker Jr. (207).

Round 2 of USMTS Winter Speedweeks moves to north to the Heart O' Texas Speedway outside of Waco, Texas, for the 7th Annual Day Motor Sports Texas Spring Nationals next Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Feb. 18-20.

Three complete shows are in the works with Wednesday practice from 6-9 p.m. Grandstand admission is free and pit passes are $20.

On Thursday, racing begins at 7:30 p.m. with USMTS Modifieds battling for $2,000 to win and Limited Mods racing for $500 to win. Spectator admission is $15 for adults, kids ages 6-12 are $5 and 5 and under are free. Pit passes are $35.

Friday's show will start at 8 p.m. with USMTS Modifieds racing for a $3,000 top prize while Limited Mods race for $600 to win and I-Stocks for $300 to win. Spectator admission is $15 for adults, kids ages 6-12 are $5 and 5 and under are free. Pit passes are $35

Saturday night will feature the same three classes with even bigger payouts. USMTS Modifieds will be going for $4,000 to win, Limited Mods $700 to win and I-Stocks $400 to win. Spectator admission is $20 for adults, kids ages 6-12 are $5 and 5 and under are free. Pit passes are $40.

The Heart O' Texas Speedway is a semi-banked 1/3-mile clay oval just off of I-35 at exit 343 (FM 308), then 0.6 mile north on east frontage road. For more information, call 254-829-2294 or check out www.heartotexspeedway.com online.

USMTS Winter Speedweeks resumes at the Ark-La-Tex Speedway in Vivian, La., Feb. 25-27, and then wraps up at the Southern Oklahoma Speedway in Ardmore, Okla., March 3-5.

Each show will pay $2,000, $3,000 and $4,000 to win, respectively, and will comprise the first dozen events in the Production Jars Southern Region presented by Day Motor Sports. RacinDirt.com will carry the action live from all four events.

To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts and Instagram at www.instagram.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

OFFICIAL RESULTS

United States Modified Touring Series - USMTS Casey's Cup powered by S&S Fishing & Rental - Production Jars Southern Region presented by Day Motor Sports
Shady Oaks Speedway, Goliad, Texas - Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016

Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver, hometown, chassis/engine builder, laps completed and money won. The top 12 drivers in passing points accumulated in the heat races were locked into the "A" Main, with the top 8 re-drawing for starting positions 1-8.

MSD HEAT RACE #1 (8 laps):
1. (3) 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa.
2. (2) 4m Bobby Malchus, Red Oak, Texas.
3. (1) 35g Barry Gifford ®, Ponca City, Okla.
4. (5) 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa.
5. (7) 42w Tyler Wolff ®, Fayetteville, Ark.
6. (9) 49jr Jake Timm, Winona, Minn.
7. (4) 77 Garrett Gregory ®, Tomball, Texas.
8. (8) 8 Steve Miller, Rosanky, Texas.
9. (6) 4 Cody Bauman ®, Eureka, Ill.

FAST SHAFTS HEAT RACE #2 (8 laps):
1. (1) 2 Casey Arneson, Fargo, N.D.
2. (2) 71 Philip Houston, Odessa, Texas.
3. (8) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
4. (4) 34 Mickey Lassiter ®, Piedmont, Okla.
5. (5) 12 Cody Leonard, Sinton, Texas.
6. (3) 34 Michael Walker ®, Alvarado, Texas.
7. (6) 38 Ronnie Gould III, Seminole, Okla.
8. (7) 68 Brandon Watson ®, Denison, Texas.

EDELBROCK HEAT RACE #3 (8 laps):
1. (1) 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas.
2. (2) 10 Austin Arneson, Fargo, N.D.
3. (6) 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla.
4. (4) 6 Brock Bauman ®, Eureka, Ill.
5. (7) 97 Cade Dillard, Robeline, La.
6. (5) 12d Scott Drake, Joplin, Mo.
7. (3) 29 Jamie Campbell, Adkins, Texas.
8. (8) 89c Steve Whiteaker Jr., Corpus Christi, Texas.

PBM PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS HEAT RACE #4 (8 laps):
1. (1) 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa.
2. (2) 303 Chase Jupe ®, Waco, Texas.
3. (3) 21t Lance Town, Wellsville, Kan.
4. (4) 49 Chadd Howell ®, Waurika, Okla.
5. (7) 23k Ben Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan.
6. (5) 4 Billy Vogel ®, West Fargo, N.D.
7. (6) 137 William Pittaway, Corpus Christi, Texas.
8. (8) 15L Chris Lewis, Springdale, Ark.

REAL RACING WHEELS "B" MAIN #1 (10 laps, top 5 advance):
1. (1) 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa.
2. (5) 12 Cody Leonard, Sinton, Texas.
3. (6) 12d Scott Drake, Joplin, Mo.
4. (3) 4w Tyler Wolff ®, Fayetteville, Ark.
5. (2) 6 Brock Bauman ®, Eureka, Ill.
6. (4) 23k Ben Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan.
7. (10) 89c Steve Whiteaker Jr., Corpus Christi, Texas.
8. (7) 77 Garrett Gregory ®, Tomball, Texas, LG2/CHB, $100.
9. (9) 8 Steve Miller, Rosanky, Texas, Rocket/TRD, $100.
10. (8) 29 Jamie Campbell, Adkins, Texas, DirtWorks/Mission, $80.
11. (11) 4 Cody Bauman ®, Eureka, Ill., GRT/Mullins, $100.

REAL RACING WHEELS "B" MAIN #2 (10 laps, top 5 advance):
1. (3) 97 Cade Dillard, Robeline, La.
2. (4) 49jr Jake Timm, Winona, Minn.
3. (6) 4 Billy Vogel ®, West Fargo, N.D.
4. (5) 34 Michael Walker ®, Alvarado, Texas.
5. (1) 34 Mickey Lassiter ®, Piedmont, Okla.
6. (9) 68 Brandon Watson ®, Denison, Texas, GRT/Wornhor, $100.
7. (7) 38 Ronnie Gould III, Seminole, Okla., MBCustom/Mullins, $100.
8. (8) 137 William Pittaway, Corpus Christi, Texas, Shaw/KSE, $80.
9. (10) 15L Chris Lewis, Springdale, Ark., TRE/GNS, $80.
10. (2) 49 Chadd Howell ®, Waurika, Okla., GRT/Geddes, $100.

CASEY'S GENERAL STORES "A" MAIN (40 laps):
1. (8) 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla., Hughes/Mullins, 40, $4000.
2. (7) 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa, Hughes/Mullins, 40, $2700.
3. (14) 97 Cade Dillard, Robeline, La., MBCustom/Geddes, 40, $1800.
4. (6) 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa, LG2/Sput's, 40, $1200.
5. (13) 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa, Harris/GMPP, 40, $900.
6. (5) 2 Casey Arneson, Fargo, N.D., GRT/Durham, 40, $800.
7. (17) 12d Scott Drake, Joplin, Mo., MBCustom/GMPP, 40, $700.
8. (15) 12 Cody Leonard, Sinton, Texas, Harris/Wells, 40, $450.
9. (2) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla., MBCustom/Mullins, 40, $600.
10. (24) 89c Steve Whiteaker Jr., Corpus Christi, Texas, GRT/Durham, 40, $550.
11. (10) 303 Chase Jupe ®, Waco, Texas, GRT/Mullins, 40, $500.
12. (19) 4w Tyler Wolff ®, Fayetteville, Ark., MBCustom/Hatfield, 40, $450.
13. (16) 49jr Jake Timm, Winona, Minn., LG2/BuckBuilt, 40, $425.
14. (22) 34 Mickey Lassiter ®, Piedmont, Okla., GRT/Sput's, 40, $400.
15. (1) 4m Bobby Malchus, Red Oak, Texas, Rocket/LRE, 40, $375.
16. (12) 21t Lance Town, Wellsville, Kan., Phoenix/Driskell, 40, $350.
17. (9) 10 Austin Arneson, Fargo, N.D., GRT/Durham, 40, $350.
18. (20) 34 Michael Walker ®, Alvarado, Texas, Kraft/ProPower, 40, $350.
19. (23) 23k Ben Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan., LG2/Speedway, 40, $350.
20. (11) 35g Barry Gifford ®, Ponca City, Okla., Shaw/Yeoman, 40, $350.
21. (18) 4 Billy Vogel ®, West Fargo, N.D., LG2/Durham, 40, $350.
22. (21) 6 Brock Bauman ®, Eureka, Ill., GRT/Mullins, 40, $350.
23. (3) 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas, MBCustom/Geddes, 40, $350.
24. (4) 71 Philip Houston, Odessa, Texas, MBCustom/Geddes, 40, $350.

® = Rookie of the Year contender.

Lap Leaders: Malchus 1-10, Hughes 11-40.
Total Laps Led: Hughes 30, Malchus 10.
Margin of Victory: 0.749 second.
Provisional Starters: Kates, Whiteaker.
Sybesma Graphics Pole Award: Gustin.
KSE Racing Products Hard Charger: Dillard (started 14th, finished 3rd).
Entries: 33.

Next Race: Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 18-20, Heart O' Texas Speedway, Elm Mott, Texas.

Production Jars Southern Region Points: Hughes 279, Dillard 273, Gustin 251, Sobbing 251, Duvall 248, VanderBeek 247, Drake 220, Wolff 211, C. Arneson 210, Whiteaker 207.

Rookie of the Year Points: Wolff 211, B. Bauman 186, Vogel 177, Howell 168, Jupe 165.

COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Year Points: Mullins 29, Geddes 27, GMPP 21, Sput's 21, Durham 13.
Manufacturers Championship Points: Hughes 29 MBCustoms 27, LG2 23, Harris 22, GRT 19.

Contingency Awards:

Allstar Performance - Leonard.
American Racer - Malchus.
Beyea Custom Headers - Sobbing.
BSB Manufacturing - Vogel.
Day Motor Sports - Sanders, Houston.
Deatherage Opticians - Gifford.
Edelbrock - Sanders.
Eibach Springs - Wolff.
Fast Shafts - C. Arneson.
FK Rod Ends - Malchus.
Forty9Designs.com - Lassiter, Kates.
Fuel Safe - C. Arneson.
GRT Race Cars - Jupe.
Hooker Harness - Timm.
Integra Shocks & Springs - Walker.
Jerovetz Motorsports Shock Service - Town.
Kevko Oil Pans & Components - Duvall.
Keyser Manufacturing - Whiteaker.
KSE Racing Products - Dillard.
Midwest Sheet Metal - Malchus.
MSD - Gustin, Hughes.
PBM Performance Products - VanderBeek, Hughes.
QA1 - Hughes.
Real Racing Wheels - non-qualifiers.
Sybesma Graphics - Gustin.
VP Racing Fuels - Hughes.
Wehrs Machine & Racing Products - Jupe.
Wilwood Engineering - Drake.

Archived