Richards keeps rolling at LOLMDS East Bay Winternationals

NickHolt

Richards Keeps Rolling at East Bay Winternationals

TAMPA, FL (February 9, 2016) - Josh Richards continued to dominate the competition on Tuesday Night at East Bay Raceway Park, winning his fourth Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event of 2016. Richards took the lead from Jared Landers on lap nine after Landers jumped the turn four cushion.

Richards went on to win his sixth career East Bay Winternationals feature event. Scott Bloomquist finished second, followed by Tim McCreadie, Jonathan Davenport, and Eddie Carrier Jr.

"We changed motors today. I was a little nervous about the balance we had in the car, but it worked out well in the feature. The track started off like last night, it was nice and fast. With the weather conditions tonight, you had to get to the front quickly to have a chance to win."

"The car tightened up quite a bit. We were way too tight for the conditions out there. I don't know how many more laps I had in that right rear; probably not many; the way it looks. Jared [Landers] got off to a good start. I just tried to stay under him and then he must have jumped the berm there and we were able to get by him. This place is tricky with the way you move around so much. I want to thank the fans for coming out tonight as well!"

"I would like to thank Valvoline, Ace Metal Works, Seubert Calf Ranches, Sallack Well Services, and everybody else who makes this possible. I can't believe how the season has started! We will be back tomorrow and try to make it three in a row."

Landers led the first eight laps, then fell to second behind Richards and held that spot until contact sent him spinning on lap 23. Bloomquist then moved into second and held off McCreadie for third.

Bloomquist who did not run Monday Night at East Bay said, "We got some rest last night. I have been feeling sick, so we decided to take the night off. The car was just a little bit free in the heat race, and I tightened it up way too much. That's not how I like to drive it," said the 2-time LOLMDS Champion.

"I thought Jared was getting a flat tire or something. I thought I was outside of him enough and I guess I just barely hooked him. I hate that because we are really good friends. We have race together a lot and that's the first time something has happened between us. I apologize for that! It was absolutely my fault."

McCreadie is following the LOLMDS for the first time in his career, and had another solid finish. "It's such a relaxed atmosphere; we have had good starts to a season before, but we just need the consistency for the whole season. We feel like we have a winning combination here. I want to thank Sweeteners Plus, Longhorn Chassis, and Pro Power Engines. We will come back tomorrow night, looking to gain a few more spots."

Completing the top ten were Devin Moran, Dennis Erb Jr., Don O'Neal, Steve Francis, and Mason Zeigler.

In preliminary action, Darrell Lanigan set the overall Miller Welders Fast Time (Group B) amongst the 41 entrants, with a lap of 14.763 seconds. Mike Marlar set the fastest time in Group A with a time of 14.773 seconds. Scott Bloomquist, Tim McCreadie, Jared Landers, and Josh Richards won their respective heat races. Josh Richards and Jimmy Owens won their respective B-Mains. Mike Marlar earned the Miller Welders Fast Time Provisional and Freddie Carpenter won the DirtOnDirt.com Strawberry Dash.

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, including the latest series standings, 2016 tour schedule, driver information, and more visit the official website at: www.lucasdirt.com.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series

Race Summary
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
40th Annual East Bay Winternationals
East Bay Raceway Park - Tampa, FL

Miller Welders Fast Time Group A: Mike Marlar / 14.773 seconds
Miller Welders Fast Time Group B: Darrell Lanigan / 14.763 seconds

Eibach Springs Heat Race #1 Finish (8 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Scott Bloomquist, Devin Moran, Jonathan Davenport, Earl Pearson, Jr., Mike Marlar, Nick Davis, Chad Hollenbeck, Gregg Satterlee, Allen Murray, Jake Davis, James McKeown

FK Rod Ends Heat Race #2 Finish (8 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Tim McCreadie, Tim Dohm, Brandon Sheppard, Justin Rattliff, Brian Shirley, Bobby Pierce, Sonny Conley, Colton Flinner, Bob Gardner, Mark Whitener

Simpson Performance Products Heat Race #3 Finish (8 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Jared Landers, Eddie Carrier, Jr., Darrell Lanigan, Ricky Weiss, Jimmy Owens, Mason Zeigler, Kyle Bronson, Billy Moyer, Jr., Freddie Carpenter, John Gardner

QA1 Heat Race #4 Finish (8 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Josh Richards, Dennis Erb, Jr., Don O'Neal, Steve Francis, Alex Ferree, Austin Kirkpatrick, Josh Rice, Greg Oaks, Chuck Julien, Randy Weaver

Fast Shafts B-Main #1 Finish (10 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Brian Shirley, Bobby Pierce, Nick Davis, Gregg Satterlee, Allen Murray, Jake Davis, Colton Flinner, Sonny Conley, Bob Gardner, Mike Marlar, Chad Hollenbeck, James McKeown, Mark Whitener-DNS

Keyser MFG B-Main #2 Finish 10 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Jimmy Owens, Alex Ferree, Austin Kirkpatrick, Mason Zeigler, Kyle Bronson, Freddie Carpenter, Billy Moyer, Jr., Josh Rice, Greg Oaks, Chuck Julien, John Gardner, Randy Weaver-DNS

DirtOnDirt.com Strawberry Dash Finish (Winner Transfers): Freddie Carpenter, Allen Murray, Billy Moyer Jr., Sonny Conley, Greg Oakes, Colton Flinner, Jake Davis, Bob Gardner

Feature Finish (25 Laps):

post-3-0-36878500-1455118390_thumb.jpg

Race Statistics

Entrants: 41
Lap Leaders: Jared Landers (Laps 1 - 8); Josh Richards (Laps 9 - 25)
Cautions: Brian Shirley (Lap 16); Austin Kirkpatrick (Lap 17); Jared Landers (Lap 23)
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Provisionals: n/a
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Emergency Provisionals: n/a
Miller Welders Fast Time Provisionals: Mike Marlar
East Bay Raceway Park Track Provisional: n/a
Wrisco Feature Winner: Josh Richards
Optima Batteries Hard Charger of the Race: Mason Zeigler (Started: 24th; Finished: 10th; Advanced 14 Positions)
Midwest Sheet Metal Spoiler Challenge Point Leader: Josh Richards
Allstar Performance Power Move of the Race: Bobby Pierce
Sunoco Race for Gas Highest Finisher: Josh Richards
Hot Rod Processing Rookie of the Race: n/a
COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Race: Andy Durham Racing Engines
Ohlins Shocks Chassis Builder of the Race: Rocket Chassis
Outerwears Crew Chief of the Race: Sam Epling (Tim McCreadie)
Fastest Lap of the Race: Josh Richards (Lap #19 - 15.8545 seconds)
Most Laps Led: Josh Richards (17 Laps)
PFC Brakes Tough Break Award: Jared Landers
Time of Race: 14 minutes 9 seconds

Lucas Oil Championship Point Standings:

post-3-0-52140000-1455118668_thumb.jpg

*Points are unofficial until Close of Business on the Tuesday following Race Day*

Archived