2016 SPORT COMPACT RULES

WATERBOY

• 2 weeks later...

This should not even be an issue. I asked for help with promotion and instead got our rules thrown out and a new set of s tuff in its place. Sorry guys.

I will race my car until told not to. Lets see if new rules makes the series flourish as some have attested to.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What everyone did at other tracks is different and it needs to stay that way not brought to STS. Everyone needs to spring forward to STS. Plus, we are trying to grow as a class at the same time but everyone needs to follow the rules. Because the Veteran Drivers needs to show the new rookies coming out this year how to play fair. When there is a set of rules in play everyone needs to respect them and go by them. Us, as sport compact drivers need to get on the same page. Pay attention to what is going on with the track at time we are racing. I know myself I avoid two accidents on Saturday night. Our class calls for regular standard tires and no mirrors in the cars. I have been around racing since age of 2 yrs. old. Let's come together be grown adults and pay attention to the rules that have been set in stone for 2016 and no more grandfathers' in stuff from the past. The 2016 sport compact rules are listed on Lone star. I was making sure I didn't case any accidents Saturday night but I did see a lot of drivers that didn't have their head in the game at the race track. Let's start by showing good Sportsmanship in the pits especially when there are spectators in there and not act out. You know the fans wouldn't want to come back if they see that out of us drivers.

Are you saying you were DQed? I don't remember that. What I remember was a couple of cars without battery cover asked to install them. I understood the tire deal was under review since nobody knows anything about tires. I was told they did not like what mine looked like but I told them black walls matter. A DOT is a DOT, period. I noticed many cars ran 7 inch and smaller tires even though we are allowed 8 inch but I guys they have their reasons.

Other than the battery covers everyone passed our first check. Roll cages were the main concern. I hope the CC crap does not start up again, that's what ruined ministocks to begin with. Be cool people, we now have something to work with. We don't need to re invent the wheel.

Rules stated DOT tires Our tires had DOT # on Them. You say you want the class to grow , then start running cars off.

#8 is now parked decreasing the class by another car. Great way to grow.

Are they street tires? May be DOT but i dont see how they are street tires.

Actually this issue was addressed in our original rules. I still don't know why the track doesn't just use them. Its what everybody got used to and I built my car for. They just got lost with the owner change. It said.........DOT with a treadwear. number. Racing tires, snow tires, trailer tires and implement tires have no treadwear. Im curious what all the other classes are using? Im also trying to find a decient tire for the 13 inch wheel guys considering theres so many wheels out there. So far nobody sells a 205/60/13. The last 13s we had success with were the Sumotomos, 215.50/13. They became universally used at CC Speedway but no longer available. So any thougts?

If I knew how to navigate this computer thingy I would begin a post with the 2013 rules so everyone could read them and go from there. I thought they were pretty well thought out except for the door plate rather than roll bar thing and that is settled.

Archived