c.c.

j.j.&s.racing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or if the rules are really different you can balance with a weight penalty so to speak. Its gotta be simple for the racers to go back and forth. Dirt guys are not going to be your main source in Street Stocks. There are usually 10- 12 at STS and probably 1/2 may do both. That is not enough. There are over 20 Streets at CTS. If half did both that would be enough.By enough i'm saying 15 cars.

CC bombers and STS pure stocks are fairly close on rules as it is. It was proven in 2014. 4 races and 2 were won by the 7 car which was originally built for dirt, one race won by the dirty 30 from CTS and the last race was won by me. Only 1 other dirt car came out I believe and it was the 00 and he ran in the top 5 the times he's came out. I know the 7 and 71 were claiming STS rules and I believe the 4 might have been on STS rules also. TJ took the old 54 car from STS out there last year and was running comparable times to the leaders from the 2014 races. Tires are probably the main problem as to why the dirt guys don't bring there cars out. They all got rid of the street tires when they switched to the American Racers and Hoosier g-60.

Well if they were to adopt tire rules they need to go with the dirt rules. Reason? Dirt Pure Stocks , 20-25 cars. Asphalt 8-10. Street Stock dirt 10-12 , asphalt 5-6. Another reason CTS cars have to be involved. I'm sure they are quite happy being the only game in the state as it is great for them and I understand that. But once racers go dirt they rarely come back . CCS can't survive without CTS cars help. Unless there is another OP out there.

If CC has to depend on the CTS cars then why don't you get ahold of Mr. Monroe, lease the track and advertise and promote the living $**t out of the track. Go out and do all the advertising. Go to CTS and promote the track and Classes there and talk to the drivers about what it would take personally to get them to come down here and race. Go out and get old sponsors, find new sponsors and attract new fans and racers to come to the track. I'm sure the Monroe family would love to have you do this for them and help them out with getting the track back up to its glory days.

To Dan and Kandy,

Thank you for trying your hardest to keep the place I grew up at open and running and giving myself and many others to race here as well.

I would not go as far as to say that track cant grow .i remember saying sts would never grow when it fought to stay alive for many years .I once told jerry Edwards when he was building the sts track good luck no dirt track has ever survived racing against cc speedway ...well I guess I was wrong for once in my life. I would never say arob no dirt racer would ever go back . now one thing that cc needs in the worst way is repaved if it was to survive in later life and that will cost a lot .I know some teams would not bring their cars cuz of the track being so ruff and hard on tires and chassis ....... cc speedway has been apart of my life from the early 60s on and would never want it to sit and rot . dan and I go way way back we have had our battles our disagreements and such we are both hard nose but the one thing he and I always agree with .we both have respect for each other in ways that some could not understand .... we will always be friends ..THANKS DAN AND CANDY ..

I used to run both CCS and STS a couple of years ago in the bomber/pure stock car. Yes it was the same car and had feature wins at both tracks. That was when we ran street tires at both tracks. It also was when STS did not run every week, so I would run at CCS when STS was not running. I think a series that would also include CTS and CCS along with STS and SOS would be something if you had to use the same car. This has been mentioned before but nothing happened. Stating this due to less tracks around now then a couple of years ago. JMO.

David McGuire

Where ware you the last race last year?

Mr Monroe,

Is there anyway you can please let us know if you intend to open your track this season.
All the racers that have supported CCS thru out the years, we are very concerned and trying to make plans for this season. Not only for racing, but for work, vacations and family.

Thank you sir,

j.j.&s. racing,

I believe Brazilnut20 is Sergio Hexsel, the multi-time TPS champion. Unless I'm sadly mistaken, he has been at virtually every TPS event at CC Speedway for several years.

Nick

I stand corrected. Mr. Hexsel did indeed miss the last race of the season at CC. I believe he had cinched the TPS championship and elected not to run that last race. My mistake.

But the point is that he supported the track for several TPS seasons and has a perfect right to inquire about the status of the track.

Nick

My 2 cents, and I ran both dirt and asphalt, with the same car, and won championships at both. Form some kind of alliance with STS, plenty of local cars, switch to friday nights, or alternate dates w STS. Each track has its own point fund and championship, but also a separate combined point system for cars that compete at both tracks, A Gulf Coast Championship if you will. No, I do not have a car at this time but my butt is in the stands most races and I hate to see CCS idle. Whats everybody think of that idea?

Archived