c.c.

j.j.&s.racing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep some of us bought cars to run at home not just travel to CTS and race Don't get me wrong CTS is a awesome facility but alot of our fans can't travel. And it's not just about talms and tps other classes and fans who supported the track wanted to continue racing.

Problem was, there just wasn't enough support. Don't think any track can operate with classes under 10 and CCS was cheap for the locals to race. The word is officially out not although I think we all had an idea they weren't going to run this year. Sucks for you guys that did support it so now you have three choices, park it, go dirt or travel. CTS is the only asphalt track running this year so support them or any track you're able to go to. I hope Dan and Kandy can enjoy watching some races and maybe they'll be back in 2017.

If there are so many cars in these " other classes " why didn't they show up last season. The car count was horrible, had to drop the super streets,didn't run front runners all year because there was only 5 or so cars and 4 of those were track owned.

Bombers were probably the only class that had a consistent count.

I understand how you all are feeling, this affects me also.

I'm sure I've bored everyone enough but I have 1 more point,

Looking from the outside in,whether your a driver,fan,crew,car owner...

Its easy to say this and that should have been done differently,but no one sees the whole picture of what it takes to open those gates and race.

Dan told me today that if anyone wanted to step up and lease the track and try their hand at it,he would be more than willing. Who knows maybe one of these keyboard commando's can do it!

Problem was, there just wasn't enough support. Don't think any track can operate with classes under 10 and CCS was cheap for the locals to race. The word is officially out not although I think we all had an idea they weren't going to run this year. Sucks for you guys that did support it so now you have three choices, park it, go dirt or travel. CTS is the only asphalt track running this year so support them or any track you're able to go to. I hope Dan and Kandy can enjoy watching some races and maybe they'll be back in 2017.

That pretty much sums it up.

Supers streets were dieing here in cc, I just so happened to buy one wrecked it at CTS spent the remainder of last yr putting it back together. and just to start the season off with a bang lost motor after practice at CTS. Bombers, talms, tps and The Dwarf cars Always had good car counts and the fans were coming I still supported the track as a fan.

Racers and race fans asking for information is not bashing nor is it negative whether some may perceive it that way.

Yes, wallywally43, there were some negative posts that were promptly removed. Because he wouldn't quit, I placed a member on the Moderator Approval list - which means that person's posts are not seen until a Moderator approves them.

There is a fine line between removing bashes and censorship. I have tried to walk that line as fairly as possible, but there will never be a perfect balance because I am simply a human being just like everyone else. .

In this case, I have emails from both sides of this issue. Two are very graphic in condemning me for not letting them have their "honest" say and one of those is threatening me with a lawsuit because he is now on the Moderator Approval list. Two others are taking me to task for allowing two series directors to use the forums to seek information about the 2016 CC Speedway season.

I'll just keep doing the best I can. Just like Dan and Kandy are. Just like Cody is. Just like Neil is. Just like we all are.

Nick

@nick you do a dam good job considering the amount of information that is speedzone. My comment about the "crud" wasn't directed at anyone, just stating that there are folks that seem to go out of their way to " stir the pot"

All we can do is take the good with the bad and move on.Again nick you do a great job. Thank you.

Being that I have a special place in my heart for CC Speedway, I usually keep an eye on what happens in CC. It is good to hear that a "Racer" has attained ownership and it is paid for. And make no mistake about it, Dan is a racer at heart, not a promoter. Coincidentally, so was Frank Hoch. I for one think this is a great thing. (If I didn't have a house payment man I could devote more funds to racing!)

I think the folks in CC need to look forward to 2017 and be optimistic that it is going to the best year in a long time!

Meanwhile, let's keep supporting our local tracks, dirt or asphalt, whichever you prefer.

Mel Krauss

in my opinion if you want to have a 2017 season, then sometime soon it needs to be announced so people can start planning, most of us do all of our own work and it takes a lot of time to get a car ready, not saying I would prepare a car yet, but it could be an option. I had a lot of fun at cc back in the day. I have not taken a car there in several years but I did go watch and I helped a couple of drivers that did.

To be blunt there are not enough asphalt racers in Corpus to support CCS. I can't see enough leaving STS to make a difference in car count at CCS. Something has to be done with CTS to get them to race here.Maybe a sponsored point fund for racers running and earning points at both tracks.Something. Mr. Jack is right that a format has to be thought about and planned out pretty soon.

Archived