c.c.

j.j.&s.racing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mr Monroe,

Is there anyway you can please let us know if you intend to open your track this season.

All the racers that have supported CCS thru out the years, we are very concerned and trying to make plans for this season. Not only for racing, but for work, vacations and family.

Thank you sir,

I think these are all fair questions .no one is asking for a reason just a yes or no .the drivers teams have put forth their best efforts to race at cc and love to race there again .they .we thank dan and crew for all they did over the years and hope it will open again if not this year next . I have always backed the track through thick and thin for over 54 years and hate to see it idle ...

All TPS members have been informed on the TPS Forum of Speed Zone when the following was posted on February 16th:

“Open Date Note: TPS proposed to CCS and posted four 2016 open dates on May 7, June 4, July 30 and Sep 3.
TPS will hold open until April 1 the offered races and continues to await a CCS reply before removing the offer”.

We have reason to believe that Dan Monroe has read the post and is aware that TPS is holding the four above race date offerings to CCS until April 1st.

As the seven-time Texas Pro Sedans Champion Sergio Hexsel has pointed out on this CCS forum – “Mr. Monroe - Is there any way you can please let us know if you intend to open your track this season. All the racers that have supported CCS thru out the years, we are very concerned and trying to make plans for this season. Not only for racing, but for work, vacations and family. Thank you sir”.

All CCS, TALMS, TPS, Dwarf Car and other drivers and car owners have faithfully supported CC Speedway during the many past seasons Mr. Monroe has operated CCS. They deserve a public answer to the question:

“Since STS has posted off nights on May 7, June 4, July 30 and Sep 3 –

Will Dan Monroe approve these four offered race dates - YES or NO?

Thank you,

Neil Upchurch
Texas Pro Sedans Administrative & Publications Director

I heard people behind me in the stands at STS Saturday night, whom I have reason to believe as somewhat knowledgeable of the situation claiming the track has been sold, and will be demolished. the concrete processing plant across the way bought it.

sam as a track manager aka owner ..be nice to know a simple no from them we will not open this year who cares why .. .and all can go on making plans for the remainder ..least they will back the decision and keep them coming back if it opens again next year .THAT FROM THE TRACK SHOWS RESPECT ..the drivers deserve better than nothing at all .you know the ones that backed the track. not being a smart as3 here but you are attacking others when that is uncalled for ..NOTto mention the fans that do love that track ask me and others when is it going to open ..this does not just affect a couple of folks here ..but really silent' s is starting to speak loudly.

yes ,hitech ,,no one will answer the phone ,, a simple YES or NO would be the respectable thing to do , due to we respected him and track at racing time , swallow the pride and tell some racers if its going to happen ,but you know the answer already by the way it looks

Honestly the best thing to do if we want any hope of racing there again is to remain quiet on here.

Talking on here or on facebook like this in certain tones won't help anything.

I know not knowing anything is discomforting to a lot of people but we gotta keep our mouths shut on here.

I sure don't want to lose my HOME track because of words on here.

I'm not trying to put a negative spin on this but in my opinion the owner of the track has an obligation to inform the racing community the plans for the year. It is his prerogative to do what he wants to the track but the people who race there and support the track has a right to know.

Archived