SPORT COMPACT QUESTION

WATERBOY

GB I hope you never took anything personal. You do have my respect and know your passion for this class. I'm glad STP provides a "big show" for you guys and gals. Besides money and building a car (already have a Pure Stock) if there's anything I can do to help, I will. I hope those other 18 cars show up in March and more, and I do hope the weekly show grows too. You're a great driver so you're winning a lot doesn't bother me, but it is much more entertaining with a full field and I think you've said it's more fun racing a full field. Good luck to you Sport Compacts at all events.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to grow the class? Incentive, on behalf of Wrap It Up Designs we will give a half wrap to the car of the season champion for the mini stock class!

Here is the deal..... 10 or more cars for every season race, from our calculations of the car count from last year and adding the car count of who says they are coming out this upcoming season, that shouldn't be hard to do. Lets all work together and do what we can to keep classes at STS going strong, its a great place to be and spend time with friends! Thank you to everyone and good luck to all this next season.

Wrap It Up Designs

Like Josh said, I'd drive one if one is available to me. I have no knocks on the class and hope it grows. I've seen a pretty good mix in the class, more modern Neon and Saturns, to the 70s VWs and in between. Should be pretty easy to get them out there. You have rules, seems to be interest, a sponsor to give some incentives. Steps in the positive direction for sure. Hope it does grow for you and the class. Invited a few Austin area guys to the March race today and all are welcome. Get them ready and get them out there.

well one pinto owner who gb has battled before many a nights has entered his car already for the season ..... .and i am really starting to get an itch ..dang i hate that itch been many a year that itch drove me crazy so some of the old hound dogs may just unleash them selfs and play with the bone again ..my bet is some other hound dogs wont be able to stand us having some fun and will join us ...

I have a couple rule questions. As far as tires its any DOT approved tite with a max thread width of 8" and also the vacuum run. I for one have never checked vacuum on a fuel injected car and wondering if any body has and how that will affect the engines. Lets say a fuel injected car runs 9 to 12" of vacuum and have to have that to run properly then that car will be dq'ed, i asked that the track look into that please. Also these ? are directed to the track and not to someone that doesnt have a car so please dont answer for the track. Thanks #8 Mustang

Stephan took a struggling class and turned it into a huge show with 40 cars.

That gave me inspiration to try the same with TALMS.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been able to reach the amount of success that Stephan did.

Thumper you put a lot of time and effort in your lengthy posts. Maybe it's time some driver stepped up and tried to find some sponsors or put some of their own money and build the purse up.

It can be done, it just needs to be done by someone with the passion for that class.

You can't rely solely on the track to do this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sport Compact Racers I need your input please .... I am on wheels, 2013 STS Rules no wider than 7 inch, 2016 IMCA maximum 7 inch width.

Has the rule changed to 8 inch between 2013 and now without a rules update?

What do ya'll recommend here, keeping them 7 inch gonna put anyone out of racing?

FYI

There will be no vacuum rule on engines....keep em OEM!!!

Hey, got a question. Don't have a SC and don't plan to have one, but can a rear wheel drive like a mustang or pinto run in SC?

as long as it is factory but if sport compacts went to imca they wouldn't because from what I've read its front wheel drive cars only.

Archived