SPORT COMPACT QUESTION

WATERBOY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get off the topic but for the big race that was cancelled we could run dirt tires or we had to run our track rules for example a tps car could grove his slicks or buy street tires right and a old CCS thunder had to run dot tires but could grove them right

I was going to say why not worry about getting some car count before worrying about the tires, but it looks like the track is going to revise the rule and let you guys run what everyone is currently got....so how about get the car count up! this class was dead at the end of the season and not going to run this year! poor car counts, one guy running away with the win every week , pretty boring to watch from a fans point....so now just like every year the class has been resurrected again. 6 cars is hardly a race, my suggestion would be if you don't have more than 6 cars no feature race, 6 or less 1 heat race for 10 laps! go ahead get pissed off but this class has been struggling and has got one more chance to "resurrect itself" again. lets see if you can do it, you have gotten everything you wanted now put on a show !

with split weekends and different classes running fans are gonna be really surprised when they show up to watch races with 3 or 4 classes of 15-16 cars on avg. and you roll out 6 thunders or minis or whatever you call them. do you think those people will come back after a couple of nights of that? not singling this class out but there is a another class being "resurrected" as well lets hope it all works out for everyone or no one will have a place to race locally!!

that would be Ted stepping up and I agree he's giving you a chance ...again! and personally you beat this shit to death every year, I never said I know how to fix "your" class all I said is the class is being given a chance again so make it happen! you wanted rules so you got em and then you have 2 pages of tire dialogue, so he's fixing that, so my suggestion get you some water on those seeds , contact your classmates, do whatever it takes to get your class going in the right direction...if it wasn't the same cars every race find out why. you can help the track help your class! it's not just the tracks responsibility to provide you a place, as racers it's up to us to get cars to the track...so we have a class to race in!

Looks like the 8" rule is a good compromise and seems Ted is considering that since a few said it would keep them away. As for Arob, he's not a racer, just a devoted fan and as Chuck pointed out, 6 cars with you knowing who is going to win isn't fan friendly. Plus, how the Hell is a fan supposed to bring in more cars, that's on the drivers and track to work out. The conversation is open and as long as fans go, technically we're sponsoring your class and every class. Why would a track promote a big race and sink money into a 6 car field? But, yes you had 19 show up when money was offered, some were dusted off and had probably 2 or 3 sets of rules. GB, you're probably the most knowledgeable about these cars, what would be a good set of rules for your class to grow? How many other Sport Compact drivers are out there right now, I've seen the McCains, TJ and BJ so far, what is it that you guys need to make this work out for everyone? Ted and probably Stephan are watching this too so what needs to happen for this to work on a weekly basis? Get together and help each other out. The only negativity I see is what has been occurring lately, low car counts and a predictable ending. The Getcha$ome was shaping up to be a good race, but how many local cars are just sitting, what will it take to get you guys back out? If the cars come and the show is good, you'll get the fans interested and everyone will be happy. You have a sustainable class and fans get a show.

Everyone running to one set of rules is a good start. Makes for an even playing field over time. And Mr. Hamm seems to be genuinely interested,another plus.Plus STP is giving them a stage for good money ,still another plus. So there are more pluses going for sports compacts this year. It will take a little time. Set the rules and DON'T change them for a couple years at least.Get the car count (new cars) first.I think a realistic goal for this year 10-12 a race.

Man alive you guys are worst then a beauty salon full of old ladies.

As far as STP is concerned its just like last year. You will be teched by your home track rules with exception of tires just like in December. There isn't enough of you guys ready to do a local only big show without relaxing the number 1 issue "tires". Nothing has changed for the march race since December.

As far as STS is concerned the class has not had a set of current rules in hand for a couple years. Ted is trying to resolve that. You guys should be excited because in order to grow a class you need a set of rules regardless what they are that is the starting point. He isn't going to screw everyone over and make all buy new tires. So take down your fb bashing and nastyness and talk to him first. Give him a chance to see what most of you locals are running for the most part.

The future is in your hands nobody else's. If the local car count grows and STP can go by the local rules for big shows we will but until that happens we will continue promoting out of towners to get the count we need to pay big money purses.

I wish you all the luck and will continue to try helping on my part but stop assuming the track is out to screw you over. Call and communicate your issues with the track you might be surprised.

http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/topic/68942-2016-sames-ford-south-texas-nationals-sts/?do=findComment&comment=396436

This info is posted on the 2nd flyier on this link on lonestar speedzone. This class is the only class that may or may not meet car count due so many needed from out of town. Flyier shows 1st place purse, how many cars it takes to guarantee 1st place money and how many cars it takes to reach bonus money along with how much the bonus money is. 2nd place money will determine on total cars if goal isn't reached. It will be at least half of advertised $1,000 to win but could be more again it depends on car count. My profits come from grand stand so I am not afraid of paying classes that show up at the back gate.

Archived