SPORT COMPACT QUESTION

WATERBOY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was that white and red car that rolled like 2 years back it smashed the front down some but only till it hit the cage if you don't have a cage it could get bad and real quick that's why I put my brothers cage out of his old car in my sons and put a few more bars in it

For safety purposes we believe a 4 point cage and a door bar system should be mandatory on any type of race car.

Therefore a 4 point cage with a minimum of three door bars will be required for the 2016 season in the Sport Compact Class.

Minimum 1 1/2 inch diameter X .095 thickness.

Front and rear loops optional.

Tire Rule - DOT approved with maximum tire width of 7 inches.

The Spot Compact Car/Truck can be front or rear wheel drive.

Nothing else will be changed from 2013 rule package.

I will have complete rules completed no later than next week.

Well you gotta pick something I guess. The track did and based on an average car count of 6 I don't see a major impact, except maybe for them 6.Bottom line open rules did not work.Track made a decision,something that has been asked of the track for some time. So sports compacts start now. Rules are set. Now it is up to the racers to build/adjust and grow the class.

well arob we have four pintos ..I know if we find enough motor parts to make em all run I bet two of em will run dirt now it has crossed my mine to race s.c and seeing Joshua will be racing his new car at sts that could be a big possible for me to get back in one and see if we can have some old farts race between gb and I .. ..plus most of all the minis minus some newer fwd have 8 inch wheels .. that would count me out before I start 7 inch will make us having to buy new wheels ..the Honda that Joshua raced at cc showed up for that rain out and that car we could never get tires at 7 inches ... but really I don't think its the tires that kept this class from building nore a four point cage either . oh forgot that one pinto jesse brought out to that rain out is set up for dirt ...anyway this isn't an attack on the tracks rules and no complaint either .just pointing out some things

Archived