Your opportunity to post #1 need

Good point about using average. And it did work at CCS and a lot of those drivers are at STS I think it would be ok . Ok Mr. Anti-Gimmick is coming up with one. Austrailian Pursuit. Remember ,G.B. , that brought out some uh interesting racing! The one race you want to start last!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build a go-kart track off of turn 1 with small bleachers. Run kart show at the same time as main show. Have pits for carts there as well. Try to make it kids and spectator friendly. Have a couple of just-for-fun carts that kids can pay to drive after go cart races end.

This has nothing to do with the races. Get rid of the junk setting around. The old pickup next to the handy caped parking, burned out dumpster in the pits, Burned out tanker, Keep the infield looking good grass mowed piles of dirt gone. Fix the PA system. First impressions mean a lot.

ok I finally thought of something that really gets under my skin .lol ...I cannot stand that buying chips to pay for food I know why its done but every time I go there is only one window opened and a line .then have to go stand in a second line to buy your food and miss a race or two at times .that hurts your sells . something needs to be done to move those lines faster in order for some to want to spend money at the concession . I know small complaint but I wonder how much money you don't make cause of that set up ...I like to just walk up to one line pay and eat ...the folks inside the concession do a great job and are really good at what they do so no problem with them .now ill shut up and let more important things be talked about .

Good point about using average. And it did work at CCS and a lot of those drivers are at STS I think it would be ok . Ok Mr. Anti-Gimmick is coming up with one. Austrailian Pursuit. Remember ,G.B. , that brought out some uh interesting racing! The one race you want to start last!

Aussie pursuits only gets cars tore up and teaches people how to block or wreck people to keep from getting knocked out of the race. CCS didnt use a point average. It was just by points straight up. CTS uses point average for minis and grand stocks and it seems to work out pretty well

1: High points start in the back heats and features.

2: Go to the pits and record interviews with drivers. Play the interviews at points during the night such as lenghty cautions.

3: A good announcer in the stand. Someone like Milton who announced in San Antonio. A good announcer can keep people in the stands entertained during the night.

4: Clear the cautions as quick as possible.

5: Enforce rough driving penalties.

Believe it or not the STS concession line is much faster than it used to be.I don't mind the token thing and I understand the need to keep the money in one place.But you are right, it is a little aggravating to see closed windows when it is busy.The fastest concession I have been to is Cotton Bowl.Could be because they have a concession in the pit also.

1.Treat everyone, spectators,crew and drivers like customers,train your staff to do the same.Smiling, thankful, friendliness.

2. Train your towtruck drivers to be as efficient as safely possible.

3.Start on time

4.Have the races Done by 10:00 pm, if out of towners know you end @ 10:00 it may help car count.

5. Dont let the $5.00 bill blind you to the @100.00 bill

6. Display a code of conduct for racers and spectators.

7. A Big" Thank You For Coming" sign

8. Weekly Variety

9. Crazy Announcing

10.Practice #1,2,3,and 4 , be consistent

Just cause some are complaining about Tow Trucks ill chime in. Sometimes its the racers faults for lengthy hookup if everyone had a chain or hoop on the front and rear of their car and make it so the alum or plastic isnt in the way but we all myself included get caught up in the looks of our cars and functionality gets thrown smooth out the window. So make it mandatory no loop or chain, no race.

Just cause some are complaining about Tow Trucks ill chime in. Sometimes its the racers faults for lengthy hookup if everyone had a chain or hoop on the front and rear of their car and make it so the alum or plastic isnt in the way but we all myself included get caught up in the looks of our cars and functionality gets thrown smooth out the window. So make it mandatory no loop or chain, no race.

Ok pretty boy ? lol

arob .you had my thought out there before me .have tokens at pit gate ..as for 30 seconds to get yours you must be early then .. pit crew do not have much time for standing in two lines . some teams have multiple cars some have to walk along ways from their pit area to get something to eat and have time toget back and I bet that would work out great I know I would buy em ...what say u ken. and to add something either I am blind or stupid but It seems like there is no out houses near the back 40;lol some older folks back there have sneak up problems and its very important to save face ....ofcourse not me, choking up here ..

Archived