2016 Rules Discussion

Ken

We thank you for your effort. We. will run 2 classes this year, hopeful. We will try our best to run with in your rules. Thanks again for the effort. Only suggestion I will make. What ever you did to mother nature last year, please don't do it again.

hanks

Don Moore

Woodway Racing

I admire Ken for getting on here and handling the issues. A big A+ from me...

And I totally agree with him on this point - If you don't agree with a rule, don't get on here and tell the world you're parking your car and gong fishing or RC racing or some such threat. I was hoping we wouldn't see any of that, but, we did. I happened to be at the VA when this thread took off, so I got in late, but Ken handled it just as I would. If you want to bash or act out, there are other places where one can do so, but not here.

Thanks.

Nick

All cars weight 3400 lbs. That's not a penalty. We are giving any cars with min. Gutting per our rules such as a bomber style car a weight break of 3250 lbs. No exceptions of replacing stock panels w sheet metal and weighting 3250 lbs.

• 9 months later...

PURE STOCK/ FACTORY STOCK RULE EXCEPTIONS FOR 2016 SHOOTOUT
BODY:
All cars must have complete OEM steel roof mounted in OEM location with OEM rake and angle for model.
ALL openings shall be covered to isolate driver from track –subject to track approval.
Aluminum body panels allowed, all panels must be rounded and resemble stock body.
NO FLAT SIDES – bodies will be heavily scrutinized.
SUSPENTION:
Shocks:
The following steel bodied factory welded shocks are allowed in OEM stock mounting position.
• PRO - SS100, SS201 and SS200 Street Stock
• QA1 - EC Series Stock Mount
• AFCO - 10 Series Street Stock Mount
• DOETSCH TECH – 0101, 0102 & 0103 Street and Hobby Stock
• OEM or OEM replacements (No OEM Bilstein)
REBUIDABLE SHOCKS NOT ALLOWED – Example QA1 53 Series
Aftermarket steel springs allowed, minimum 5 inch OD, may not exceed 15 inches in free height.
Rebuildable ball joints –OK
Aftermarket brake pedal with single master cylinder - OK
ENGINE:
Maximum cranking compression – 175lbs
Aluminum waters pumps – OK
Weight – With Driver
Minimum – 3250lbs.
Maximum rear percentage - 50%
TIRES:
Hoosier asphalt takeoffs – 1070, F45, F50, F56, F40 allowed only on front.
Must durometer 51 or higher.
NO bleed off valves.

Archived