e-mod toppless

bronco

Gotta say most of the time races at STS are over by 10:30 , full moon racing being the exception. Believe me when I say that is early. Used to be tracks would be pushing towards 1 A.M. For me anything before 11 is a good job. STS , SOS and CBS do a good job. I think STS has addressed this because not all the classes are running at one time this year so that will keep the time down. I'm glad to hear you are going to give it a go at least.See what results then go from there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drttrk,

I definitely see your point. One thing from my side is I believe that to many of our fans are related to the drivers or friends of the drivers. The spectators percentage is leaning way to high in that direction. We need fans that have no relationship to you. Some that come only for the spectacle. People go to a Nascar race not just for the racing but the before and after, The shopping, the live show etc. This is what I am focusing on.

I definitely respect your comments.

Ken Hobbs

You need fans period.You can't have too many of one type of fan! You're not saying we need to reduce the families and friends of racers (fans) are you? Unless their getting in for free I find that comment curious.

I think Ken is simply saying he would like to draw more new fans who are there for the show - in addition to the folks who have some existing connection to the track.

Since you guys opened the door, here goes.

One way to increase fan count is to promote and grow the Compact series. Its overlooked that this group is different than the V8 crowd. Fact is this series has a fan base that is interested in todays cars, for example the Fast and Furious franchise. Right now there are 2 basic types of race cars, those with fenders and those without. The Compacts can draw a new crowd like the Karts do. It makes since considering they pay the same for pit passes and race for peanuts. And their fans tickets cost the same. But many of these fans are not there now. Fix this for more butts in the stands.

Another possible look that's inexpensive is to add sideboars. This was very popular at Riverside and other tracks in the 80s and really looked cool. Ask Lawrence,he has some of the biggest and coolest looking.It also helps stability which is a boon for lesser experienced driver. Air is free. Definitely would make the E mods look different than the L mods.

Wish I had a photo.

Archived