2016 Shootout Series

I just read on Facebook yesterday that there won't be a 2016 series with hopes of returning in 2017.

I have to say that I appreciate Stephan and Monty giving me a shot in 2011 to be the series photographer through 2014. I told Stephan when I asked him to be the photographer that I wanted to be a part of something bigger than me, JBHotShots. I knew the potential was there, I just didn't realize how big it could have gotten. The class was all but dead and was turned around into a class that had multiple tracks adopt a singular set of rules, that is almost unheard of!

Thank you Stephan for putting up with my wild antics and ideas, some of which cost a pretty penny. LOL

Thanks to the tracks for helping move the class in a direction that showed that tracks hundreds of miles away could work cooperatively with a lot of success.

Thanks to all of the series sponsors! With out Jeff Allgayer, the Swenson's or Gary Northway (SABFI), we may not have achieved any of what happened.

To all of the sponsors that ponied up money for any of the added money for each and every race, it was you that made it a TRUE grassroots series.

To all of the drivers, crews and your families; you all gave your best and made the series a desirable race to watch no matter what track we went to. Were you perfect? No, no one is but that is what made it so exciting.

To all of the fans, thank you for supporting the series race in and race out. One word to describe you, AMAZING!!!

Admittedly, I am a little heart broken to see there won't be any series racing in 2016 as I was looking forward to cheering everyone on again all of the way from New York.

I hope the series makes a comeback in 2017 and is even better than before.

Best Wishes,

This from Stephan:

The Shootout Series for 2016 will be put on hold and revisited for possible return 2017. We are focusing on helping STS and SOS w their street stock class. If successful then we will return 2017. Sponsors are still in place but with the end of the year drop off in car counts tracks can not profit from our events. We hope you focus on your car and local track to get car counts improved. STP will continue to run big events and street stocks like all classes will be considered.

Thank you Jamie, as I have said many times before. Your contribution was vital to the success we have had. Your dedication couldn't be matched be anyone else. You are missed by many including myself. We will work hard in 2016 so we may have a 2017 series again.

Archived