2016 STP Pure Stock rules package

Keep in mind the 51% rear percentage rule is big along w 3400 lbs. Those two rules mean a lot so I would really think about those two rules before I cut anything out.

That's my point exactly. Why does it matter if the rear firewall is gone and the car is decked. It just lost a lot of rear weight that i have to replace. I can totally understand removing front firewall weight.

Our car would have to weigh about 3600 lbs to get 51%. I had it on the scales last week and could only get 48%

Track has the right to claim shocks. If you want to run qa1s have at it but you take a big risk of losing them. Highly recommend you find a budget racing shock.

I found a BUDGET racing shock that meets all tracks stock shock rule for $60.00 front/rear each. Maybe the claim rule should be a little more towards that number being as the track is doing the claim and not another racer.

Some rules simply need to be in place to keep a clear visual difference between pure stock and street stock for fans if nothing else. We are allowing decking behind the driver just not beside the driver.

They will be drawn at next drivers meeting to be handed back out to a driver within the class unless its a shock the track feels shouldn't be in the class. Class discretion how often or how many shocks get claimed.

STP doesn't have a compression rule. What is the purpose of making almost all of the rules the same except this one? Just curious.

Im not so sure STS will either...so that would make sos the only one with....so much for all having same rules. Why is this class the only one around here that cant get a set of rules to run both places

So what happens if you get your shocks claimed and don't give them up other than a DQ for that night? How many shocks will be claimed? Just one or all four? Need to know cause that's my wallet we're talking about not the tracks doing the claim. If it were another driver claim like IMCA I wouldn't have a problem with it but the track giving my shocks away the next week cause you got outrun sucks.

Why do you have to run racing shocks? I have won all my races with junk yard shocks. First time to run racing shocks was at the south texas shootout last year and I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

If you have to make your car handle with shocks your car isn't set up right to begin with. Shocks are for fine tuning. An old dirt racer from Georgia, Mr. Royal told me that when I first started.

As a fan sittin in the stands I see very little difference between the two when cars visit each others tracks which makes me think they are not that far apart.I would think as STP grows and the $1000-$1500 to win races grow with it STP rules seems to be what should be used.

As a fan sittin in the stands I see very little difference between the two when cars visit each others tracks which makes me think they are not that far apart.I would think as STP grows and the $1000-$1500 to win races grow with it STP rules seems to be what should be used.

I agree...seems like he thought everyone was also..but like i said have the same rules since each track finally got cars from both tracks but there was still b@@ching every race. Hell make us factory stocks and be DONE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last few weeks of fielding questions and ideas we have the ability to be flexible on a few topics and still support the area tracks without issues. I have reworded a couple rules to help cut down on confusion or questions. Hope that part is clearer for you guys. Also what works for STP doesnt neccessary mean it will work for local tracks and that is ok so keep that in mind. I feel right now our STP Pure Stock rules allow for some flexiblity but fair for locals as well as out of towners. Our events due to the amount of purse involved must consider all options were as local tracks can make purse on minimal car counts on weekly purses. I have highlighted in red what I consider topics that need to be noted. I have considered some things that have been brought up along with ideas from the two area tracks so we can stay very close to each other. I believe we have the best of both worlds and its something all pure stocks should fit right in not only from this area but others as well. Thanks for your patience with us as we work through the rules process for 2016.

Archived