2016 Schedule

Nathan

The 2016 Schedule was released for Heart O Texas Speedway at the Texas motorsports expo. what was missing from the classes list has started a lot of talk. They do not have the IMCA hobby Stock or HOT Street stock. this has seemed to come with no warning to the competitors. The track has called for a meeting on December 20th. I hope that some news comes out on this from someone that can make it. but either way below is the schedule.

post-3641-0-07460400-1449460481_thumb.jpg

Hope both HOT and CBS will keep hobby. It will grow if tracks will commit to running them and squash rumors. HoT had a 15 car yearly average in 2015. CBS went from a 4 car yearly average in 2014 to an 11 car yearly average in 2015.

If they are gonna be imca tracks commit to imca divisions.

They are committed to IMCA just not all IMCA classes. There are four more IMCA classes that don't run at either one of these tracks. Two of them don't run in Texas and the other two only run at a few tracks.

The tracks have to look at what's best for the longevity of their business and racing. We need to wait and see what is decided and support them as much as possible.

CBS and HoT are trying to work together aren't they? Like with Late Models?

What makes sense about factory stocks being at one while CBS stock cars are at the other?

I left pure stocks in 07 in favor of an imca class because i knew rules changes would be minimal...less rule changes equal less money spent, and i wanted to travel and know my car would be legal at any hobby track.

I would like to see a way to allow the people that spent the money on imca hobby stocks to be able to run without a big change in their rules. Maybe let them run the stock class with a weight penalty.

I shouldn't have used the word really. From talking to people that have them and reading the rules I believe it would be easier to make an IMCA hobby stock into an IMCA stock than a pure stock. Some IMCA hobby stocks could be made into IMCA stocks by changing the rear valance and some other parts. They would not have all the bells and whistles and the top runners. But they could pass tech.

Agreed I was thinking a long the lines of all the hobby stock guys that just found out that their class was canceled. They could change tires and a few other things and race. They could then work on getting competitive again as the seasons goes on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived