Pass the ketsup please

rebelracewriter

Well I guess I have to eat my words.....I would have given good odds that na$car would do everything possible to get Jeffy his final championship.....They gave it their best shot with the mystery caution(for a water bottle off the track) to give him one more chance, but alas, it didn't happen....

Can someone pass the ketsup for the crow I'll be dining on tonight....bwahaha

I am more bothered that there was a good race shaping up between Keselowski and Larson. In fairness, there was a metal-like object bouncing down the track. Was it metal? Aluminum foil? Shiny tape? Who knows.

But here's the ketaup anyway.

Well I guess I have to eat my words.....I would have given good odds that na$car would do everything possible to get Jeffy his final championship.....They gave it their best shot with the mystery caution(for a water bottle off the track) to give him one more chance, but alas, it didn't happen....

Can someone pass the ketsup for the crow I'll be dining on tonight....bwahaha

It was actually a piece of metal bracing material it looked like. They went back and showed it getting knocked out of the way by a car and came to rest near the water bottle the camera operator had already started zooming in on. It matched the description the flagman gave to David Hoots before he called for the caution. What the heck are all you NASCAR conspiracy nuts goings to talk about now that the 24 has retired?

Larson definitely had that race won, just like the race saturday. The debris caution wasn't needed but just like most of them its at Heltons discretion. 3 cars bounce off the wall in the first 30 laps but when someone running 34th bounces off it they throw a caution. Completely inconsistent.

As for the 18 haters, if he ran the entire season you would still be unhappy. If Harvick would of won others would be unhappy, if Truex won others would be unhappy.

Sad part is there aren't many people that will watch races if the championship is already won 3-4 races from the end. I would.. but I'm old.

Have to have all that built in TV drama, was thinking yesterday I remember when the pole/lead car and the flagman determined the start or restart. "Restart Zone" is cute..

Since this is an opinion thread, I want to chime in.

First, I love NASCAR as they represent the absolute top tier a racer could achieve above Formula one and NHRA at least in the United States. If you could have EVERYTHING you could think of for your race team, that's what NASCAR represents. Wish I was a part, don't you?

For Sunday's race the conspiracy I saw was on the restart. It seems like Brad got instructions to start in the slow lane (inside) and stay out of the way to the finish. I have watched Brad all year and this was out of character for sure. He was faster than that. The looser was Kyle Larson with that last yellow for sure, I think he would have won like he did the day before. NASCAR needed a lifetime story and Bush offered the second best story.

So what if it was ? Isnt the most important job of ANY promoter to create a show? Did NASCAR achieve that? I look at the best promoter in the world as a comparison of a successful promotion and that's Vance McMann of the WWE. He sells fake violence more successfully than ANY promoter in ANY business. If our local race promoters would reach into that bag of tricks our tracks would not be disappearing. Maybe not as respectable but hey, if it sells its good! I don't understand the hatefulness many show to our highest level of our sport. Its like cannibalism

Now about the "Chase". .I love this new system to crown a champion. Remember it was Matt Kenseth;s championship that launched the idea as he was champion without even winning a race.Todays flormat reminds me of how most big shows are operated at any local or National event. You must qualify through heats and secondary features along with a last chance race to even get a shot for the A main. Does this make the race less interesting? I think NASCAR took a page from races like the big end of year shows where 100 or more cars battle for the 24 starts.The final 4 qualified through 3 "B" features to make the "A" main. Much more exciting than the truck or Xfinity points battles that were almost over by the "A" main.

Who here would turn down an opportunity to take their position, weather driver, mechanic, car owner, or journalist to secure a like position in NASCAR? I would jump at the chance. Sour grapes are worth nothing, withered grapes make raisins. Im a raisin waiting for my "big break" and cant wait for the new NASCAR season to start so I can pretend Im involved when I get in my little backyard race car. Thanks for the dreams NASCAR!

Dream away, Thumper!

NASCAR is a money deal. Driving talent plays very small role in who gets the big slice of the financial pie. We've seen some of the best drivers - proven drivers - hit the big time and end up running as "also-rans." There are all kinds of agreements, some formal, some under the table, that come into play at that level. You are either part of the group that have made the big-money deals or you're simply there to fill out the field. End of discussion.

If one doesn't have the resources (or something that sells, like Danica for instance), you are just along for the ride and you take home a nice paycheck for doing your non-competitive job.

Frankly, the tiny taste of NASCAR that I experienced back in the day was all I wanted.

Nick

NICK for some reason and I don't know why but I think ill have to agree with you on this one just don't get use to it .. .there was a clue in thumpers story ... WWE .nascar has become that .....

Arob I will never agree bush should have had a chance to race for the championship .and 61 it isn't cuz I dislike him ... ..... I am sure glad local racing has not taken up this bs nascar does ..f they did take up chase like crap . I would quit ...

Ummmmmm.....Crow w/ mashed potatoes and all the trimmings.....

All I want is consistency and the "C" in na$car certainly doesn't stand for that.

Yes, they gave Kryle a special exemption, but I don't ever recall hearing about any such thing when Vickers missed races with his blood clot problem....Did I miss that announcement?......Granted his issues returned and he didn't finish the season anyway, but that's not the point.

Lack of consistency has killed more things than na$car and with blatant missed or overlooked issues on track or in tech you can't help but wonder if it isn't all just scripted for tv now. Anytime you leave things out there as arbitrary decisions they'll always be room for scrutiny, doubt and conspiracy theorists.

Hell even with my abacus i can count too many men over the wall, or see a wheel get away on pit road, yet even with all their high-dollar, high-tech photo-imagery na$car officials cant?....And let us not forget the errant water bottle, that's what I saw, but others say it was metal. Perhaps it was a Yeti mug instead?

Sad part is there aren't many people that will watch races if the championship is already won 3-4 races from the end

But Rodney isn't it odd that a non-chase format kept the Truck and Xfinity Series' in doubt til the final race?

Check out the different points scenarios without the chase using the old system and new system without the elimination crap.....NONE would have been decided before the last race.....I rest my case, your honor....lol...

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Chase-History

Archived