Sign in to follow this  
hippyracer00

found this pic

Didn't even notice that. Picture is older than I thought. Pretty sure I saw an Audie Howell car. Or maybe Jason oats

hray    0

Sign on front straight wall says "OctoberFast Thur. 10/11 - Sat. 10/13". The only years Oct the 11th fell on a Thur. are 1973, 1979, 1984, 1990, 2001, 2007, 2012 and 2013. Since the Toyota factory is not there, that leaves out the 2000's. If Jason Oats car is in the picture, that leaves out the '70's and '80's-----so, 1990?????

NickHolt    0

All the concrete barriers installed by the Frank Howell are in place.. no flag pole yet (OPPS... now I see it)

So it has to be 1990 if your detective work is correct, Rusty.

Nick

soaker    0

I'm not sure that's correct Rusty it appears to be one of the Garcias cars on the right of the late-model pad yellow car with green trailer beside that appears to be Mike balzer's car when he was sponsored by Wolff and I believe the scoreboard was put up very late 90s. I'm sure Texas Tom can tell you the exact date and time. Lol

I will try and scan or get pics more clear and repost. Maybe we can identify some of those cars

hray    0

I'm not sure that's correct Rusty it appears to be one of the Garcias cars on the right of the late-model pad yellow car with green trailer beside that appears to be Mike balzer's car when he was sponsored by Wolff and I believe the scoreboard was put up very late 90s. I'm sure Texas Tom can tell you the exact date and time. Lol

The next possible year would be 2001. When was the Toyota plant built?

Come o n Tom, set us all straight.

Edited by hray

NickHolt    0

The scoreboard was put up before I was NASCAR Chief Steward and that was the mid 90's. I stick with the 1990 date for the photo.

Nick

soaker    0

Two cars left of the flagpole is the 28 Valvoline texaco sponsered car of Jason Smith. I bought that enclosed trailer from him and that is Gregg Hubble's truck pulling it when he first started in late models

I took a closer look at these pictures and this is the best I can figure:

Left to right:

#41 Donnie Horrelka

#20 red white and blue car

#? Looks like the # starts with the #1

White car with red #s

#9 red car with white #s

#8 white car with black skirt bottom and red tail piece

#5 this is the car I think is Jason Oates

#28 valvoline car

#25 red and blue car I think is Audie Howell

#? Red car

#? (23) I think a Bendelle car

#? (could be #4) black car with orange skirt bottom

#? (17) maybe Barker car

#77 Mike Balzer

#29 yellow and blue car

Also. The barrier says the 5th annual octoberfest

Edited by hippyracer00

White car red number 11 possibly, Tom Grothues or maybe one of the Schild drivers. The car next to Horelka looks like Lege's old Jiffy Lube car possibly. 28 may be Casey Smith. Red 9 might be Trey Ware.