Getcha$ome Dec 12th Finale

Ok street stockers for the past 5 years you wanted big money races for the area. Well the Getcha$ome race brought that to South Texas Speedway. We put up $2,000 to win and a purse of over $8,500. 16 cars is pretty weak showing for that kind of money. I appreciate those 16 cars that came out Friday night but 16 doesnt get it done for future big races. Dec 12th is the rescheduled date for our rain makeup and an opportunity for other cars to come join. Only 9 drivers have qualified for this race so far. Its all on you to make a difference otherwise your class will collect spider webs on future big events. There are plenty of cars out there, we have done our job and now its your time to step up. Drivers pass the word and share with our buddies.

I second that ...just think the purse could even be bigger next year if cars show up .helps stp get larger sponsor money to boot . why do other tracks up north have such large purses and popular ...cars ...south tex is always left out and you can see why ..no shows ....Joshua will be racing sts next year be nice to know some times during the year a big purse race will be set up ...we are bringing three tps cars for the close to death mini stocks . our cars run in the low 15 to 16 second laps time where they normally race .but this dirt has proven it isn't easy to hook up we have our work cut out to even make a showing near the front .but least we show and want to see it even bigger next year with maybe a larger purse .

I agree that this Promotion has offered all of us the chance to show what we are made of as a racer. Showing up for a big show is not just about winning, it about being a part of the show. The audience is huge both in person AND through the media. Whats the most important aspect to a car owner or sponsor? Visibility. Advertising is what pays the bills, not purses. Most businesses pay to secure an audience but a big show like the "GETSHASOME" presents the audience for you. I cant imagine ANY sponsor or aspiring driver/team not jumping at that chance to be noticed.

A few years ago there was the Modified Nationals at Rio Grande Speedway every December. It was a Whos Who of modified drivers/teams and every car builder brought one or 2 house cars. The count exceeded 150 units battling for 24 spots Did that make the backyard teams stay home thinking they had no chance? Absolutely not! They were the largest number of cars. I was lucky enough to be a part of that show a few times and each time I secretly imagined somehow I might qualify. I almost did the last year as I missed by 1 spot. What I did win was the best weekend each time a racer could ask for. Big shows bring out the best from everyone involved and I learned a lot at each event.

With so many tracks closing the big shows are harder to come by down here. I was saddened by the weather loss of the Fall Classic in Waco but am happy for the South Texas Promotion big event I get to be a part of. I cant imagine ANY race car theres a class for that wants to sit out the beginning of what promises to be only bigger in the future. The Modified Nationals at RGS started with only about 20 cars and in the end had over 200 with the limited modifieds added. I believe its every racers obligation to support every tracks big shows not just their owns as much as possible.

Now Street Stocks, get off you butts and give your fans what they want to see least you be replaced by us Compacts next year. I believe a well organized Sport Compact Shootout series could easily surpass 16 cars. Humm..............interesting........

Thank you South Texas Promotions.

Well put. I feel South Texas Promotions can be a great thing if it is supported.One would think 30 cars per class minimum would be expected. This year the weather has played hell with all the post season big events as reschedules put them back to back if they ran at all.Everything was bunched up which will hurt car counts.Hopefully the 12th will show a big increase in cars.2016 looks interesting.Both South Texas Speedway and Shady Oaks have added more races to the schedule.This could be great for both the fan and racer.Throw in Cotton Bowl and it should be a fun 2016 season!

Thank you guys for your thoughts. We have already settled on a place and time for the South Texas Nationals. March 3rd, 4th and 5th at South Texas Speedway. We are mega excited for the opportunity and now it will be the 2nd Annual for this event. Another milestone accomplished for us all. So now you know why we have been pushing car counts in each class at our big paying events. There will be another big stage for local racers providing the class you run in is being supported with participation. I honestly thought the street stocks would have been around 35 to 40 cars because that many are in the surrounding region. Boy was I wrong. I can only hope its corrected on Dec 12th because its a class I am partial too for obvious reasons. I can tell everyone we have put together a South Texas National event that will be awesome and I cant wait to release the details once the Getcha$ome is completely finished. So like he said lets get off our butts and come have some fun.

Archived