Please pray for Junior Medlock and Shawn Paul Lehman

NickHolt

This was on Shawn Paul Lehman's FB page and I want to ask you for your prayers for both Shawn Paul and Junior:

I want to thank everyone for their prayers.

Sunday morning my mom and step daddy found my grandfather Junior on the floor of his kitchen, unresponsive for the most part.

He was taken to Brakenridge Hospital in Austin... A battery of test Sunday revealed he had a 3" tumor on the front of his brain. Which had put pressure to the point of causing him to have a stroke.Yesterday was spent doing more test and going over the options.

Today from 8 am - 3pm he had surgery to remove it.

He is resting now.. The surgeons were able to remove 80-85% of it. They do say he will probably have lasting effects of this in his speech, but hopefully no paralysis.

It's , right now, just a mission of recovery, it's probably gonna be a tough one, but he is not you typical 85 year old... He's pretty tough. And with Gods help and his fighting spirit, like he told the Chaplin last night, "heck, this ain't no big deal!"

So thank you for your prayers, and please keep them coming, him and God will do the rest.

He passed his swallow test this morning... Got to eat real food, and had a whole day planned out on watching the homestead race.. Said he'd like to see truex win it, but he likes harvick a lot.

Thanx for all the prayers! It's still gonna be work, but with gods grace,your prayers and his take it on the chin and get back up attitude,, it looks real promising.

We've been hearing the Junior is recovering very well and says he'll be going to Florida next week... I'm not too sure the Docs will agree with that, but anyone who knows Junior even a short while doesn't doubt it one bit!

Thank you Jesus for hearing our prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn, I have known you guys a long time, and I have always admired Junior and his spunk. He was still racing just a few years ago, wasn't he? Please tell him "Hello" for me, and I'm really glad he is recovering so well. (Kris)

Archived