Middle of the week for us travelers, Any forecast yet?

What is forecast is a stretch of what;s called "overrun." It's that misty, damp, drizzly cool/cold weather pattern that Central Texas is so famous for during some stretches in the late fall and winter.

Here's the explanation as I understand it.... The surface temperature is fairly low (50s-60s, low 70s), but there is a large amount of warmer, moisture-laden Gulf air flowing over the top of the cool air below. That combination usually produces mist, drizzle and/or light showers, not necessarily in that order, but more or less constantly as long as that weather pattern hangs around. So, unless things change between now and race day, we can anticipate a damp or even wet conditions most of the day and evening.

Disclaimer: I am not a meteorologist and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night.. LOL

Nick

As the Race Director for the Lone Star Legacy Series, I sure hope it stays dry and we can get this one in the books. And I'm sure everyone involved feels the same way.

It's always tough to outguess the weather - practically impossible. If we don't call it off and it's too wet to race, we're idiots. If we do call it off and it's dry, we're idiots. If' you don't call it off and it's dry, we're geniuses. If we do call it off and it's wet, we're geniuses. The worst case scenario is when it's iffy a couple of days before the event - just like right now. Who knows for sure what sort of weather Saturday will bring.

But from the track's point of view, the chances are good that some red ink will be at the bottom of the spreadsheet once the numbers are run no matter whether we outguess the weather or not... I hate it, but I've seen this scenario many times at different tracks where I have had some sort of administrative role.

I vote that the track rents a huge tent before Saturday - big enough to cover the whole track including the racing surface, the grandstands, the concession areas, the pits and the parking areas before Saturday.

That should solve everything.

Nick

Nick your a GENIUS. Can they put a Margarita machine a little closer to the grand stands also, lol...

My new grand daughter is in S.A. and we'll get to go visit her either way (with a car attached or not) so im just gonna sit back and watch the updates until a decision is made.

Archived