Getcha$ome will proceed with new date Dec. 12th

We met with South Texas Speedway last night. A lot of repairs and drying must take place in a very short amount of time to be ready for Nov. 21. Everyone knows about the standing water regarding this facility. The parking lot for spectators is the biggest issue its going to take a while to dry out. The back half of the pits where the grass is and with where the ditch runs are both still under water.

We are learning of many drivers and some of my key officials with Thanksgiving plans. So, with all of this coming together, we are going to move our event to Dec 11th and 12th.

We will pick up on the 12th as planned with remaining qualifying, last chance races and A Mains. We will also incorporate a practice on the 11th for everyone. For those drivers that have already registered and have participated in last Fridays event practice we will offer you a discounted practice option. Driver and one other pit pass for $10 each. All other needed or walk up pit passes will be at $20.00. We will also add a 25th qualifier to the each class except for minis as all will race. The extra couple weeks will be use to promote and advertise we our partners to assure this race is as good as possible.

We understand changes are not always best but we would rather get the word our sooner rather then later next week. I feel this allows everyone to plan better and also have no conflict with families regarding Thanksgiving around the corner.

Awesome, back to back big races at STS. This should give some of those teams that couldn't make it a few weeks to join in the fun. A limited modified driver can win $13000 in two weeks! Get those cars ready and support these events as South Texas racing is alive and well. More time for sponsors to jump on board too and maybe make it bigger. I'll add $100 for any Pure Stock driver that can sweep both events too. I encourage anyone else to chip in and make challenges too. Support local racing and show why the best drivers are here and want to come here. Do you have what it takes? Come prove it and Getcha$ome.

Want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. Very positive feedback so far. We do have drivers that will not get to return and for that I apoligize. No matter what we do it effects people and that in itself is disturbing for me. So that everyone knows all of our decisions are based on all information and what's best for the event. We have learned that so far several new cars will be able to attend with the date change so that's nice to see. Thanks again and please pass the word.

Archived