ANY WORD OF 2016 ?

That is a good idea on an 8" tire to combine the classes.Thing is for SOS they can't run a lot of classes with the fan count being what it is.Started out ok with the bump they got from USMTS and the two day ASCS shows.Kinda trailed off from there.I hope SOS can grow , we really need a track between Cotton Bowl and South Texas Speedway.

I think what BobbyJack (always one of great wisdom) wrote is a good idea as well. I just don't think there is a need to belabor a discussion about the tires. Running 8's and 10's together worked before with good counts and it can work very well again and produce a good class count. Really not worthy of a debate with consideration of trade offs for both classes. Just combine the current classics with current street stocks and allow the trucks to stay with the group so they have a place to race too. The trucks are non controversial and have good drivers too. It is pretty obvious most of them are no slouches (just ask David about getting around that primered truck...lol). The C and C Services, Louise based team will roll with what decisions are rendered by the track ownership and figure out where we fit in. We're just excited to have our car back in our shop and will support the track in 2016 with all of the races we can make as we balance multiple priorities with our business, family and fun. We're just happy to have a place with a friendly atmosphere to race and around a great group of racers with whom we've made many close friends.

Monty you sliver tongued devil. I too hope for all involved that this will be an easy transition back to one single class that has a nice big car

count. I would rather see 10-15 cars racing a good race verses 4-5 cars in two separate classes since they are basically the same class. JMO

i think the 8 and 10 inch cars can race together. if after running awhile a small weight penalty could be added if someone dominates the class. maybe the rules could be written for a three year merger into same rules or even to imca rules in three years. don't care about imca sanctioning only same rules nationwide. I talked about this about ten years ago in corpus, if we had started converting then we would already be there. jmo

What are your thoughts on moving towards the NeSmith rule package. I think this class will grow very quickly in So TX if we can get tracks aligned with the rules. The tire is almost an in between the 8 and 10's currently used.

These rules make much more sense than what is currently being utilized. Just my thoughts.

I do agree that anytime you align the rules with a sanctioning body it provides a greater opportunity for those who desire to travel and for the racers willing to visit our tracks.

As most of you may know, CBS is going to NeSmith sanctioning next year for SS and LM's. One hugh drawback to the NeSmith SS rules is that they require a stock rear clip that matches the front clip. That means all the Camaros have to have a stock Camaro rear clip instead of the tube rear clips that are on a lot of the Camaro based dirt cars and almost all of the asphalt cars that someone might want to convert to dirt. These rear clips are getting harder and harder to find. It also means an IMCA I-Stock would have to be converted back to 4 link. I've requested a clarification from NeSmith on whether you can leave the tube clip and just add the stock clip to it for extra support.

The good thing about NeSmith is that you can run almost any engine plus internal clutch transmissions.

After several e-mails and conversations, it is ok. ;) They had to see them first. The cameros and novas can run a tube rear clip AS LONG as it's in the OEM location and the front leaf spring mounts are in the correct location. They were concerned that the pld pavement cars would be the extreme offset frames like a SLM. Offset frames are not legal but offset cages are. The sport mod/street stocks would need to replace the round tube, rear sections with square. Their concern is the strength versus the weight of the cars.

Thanks.

In case the LLM's can't find a place to race next year the NeSmith SS series seems to be a class that most of the cars could be converted to. Our engines and transmissions are legal and most chassis' could convert to leaf spring and Ford 9" if they are not already 9". As I see it, the hardest conversion will be firewalls and floor pans. Some LLM's have W5 hubs and fabricated spindles, so those will have to be changed to stock.

Some work, but not impossible.

Archived