Shady Oaks Speedway 2015 Halloween Havoc payout and information

Yeah. Our 3 cars will stay home for this one. Looks like the same top finishers for each class will be taking home a nice check at the expense of the rest of those that hardly ever get a chance to finish in the top 3-5. Tech Tech Tech!

so the entry fee is what's keeping you out of the top three? Not a flat tire, engine troubles or just bad luck? I think tech has been pretty damn tough on the pure stocks for one (not complaining, just saying, they have been looking everywhere) DOING their job. As one of the one's in the top three I take offense to this statement. If we all based weather we raced or not, on how much it cost's to race verses how much we win, all of are cars would be up on jack stands. I for one do it for the thrill of racing, my brother and I have had some of the closest races this year and wouldn't trade that experience for any amount of money. 48C pure stock class

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure his name explains a lot. Just sayin "corpusfan"

Not all of Corpus is that way. Hell I think I've seen more races at CBS and SOS this year than STS/CCS. I won't make this event because I have too much going on here with work and other commitments I've had over 15 years but I do wish the track and event well.

I'm only in this for the money in case yall didn't know.

And the track. Very seldom do you see a entry fee so high and the pay to take a green drop so far of a dollar amount. IMO The track won this money race.
Sorry I was being sarcastic. I have ran in the back every race I was in this year except one at corpus and the last race at goliad. If I was in it for the money I would had to get rid of the car already because of this season.

"Race tracks have to make a profit or they close. Economics 101."

We need to reduce the barriers to putting cars on the track not build bigger ones. Theres no end around to putting butts in the seats much as some may try. How do u put butts in seats? Cars on track, energetic promotion and a fun atmosphere. Its not rocket science its show business

corpusfan

Instead of blaming your performance on tech or entry fee, why not take a look at your own self. Just possibly spending a little more money on something, say like a Nick Holt Suspension Seminar.............

My guess is that the leaders in your class are the ones that never stop improving.

I don't get the problem. You pay $125 for 2 nites that would have cost you $100 during the regular season.......for an opportunity to win $1000 (or $40 if your crappy little car will just make 1 lap). I fail to see where the track is making such a killing. It looks to me like a nice purse and I plan to put 2 cars on the track to go for it.

"Race tracks have to make a profit or they close. Economics 101."

We need to reduce the barriers to putting cars on the track not build bigger ones. Theres no end around to putting butts in the seats much as some may try. How do u put butts in seats? Cars on track, energetic promotion and a fun atmosphere. Its not rocket science its show business

Sounds like you've got this race track promotion thing all figured out. There's a track in Edna that could use all that expertise. Give it a whirl.

Nick

Nothing in racing is easy, blasting a race track or blasting someone with an opinion. Everyone is guilty! We need to focus on positive stuff. No need to worry about someone not going when plenty of others are. Focus on putting people in the stands I'm sure SOS would love a packed house.

Apologies to all. That post was placed by my "jobless" teenager whom isn't racing do to other personal matters. He has been allowed my password to view this site but should have never posted his one sided opinion. Personal conversations with others in the racing community may have generated his uneducated and thoughtless opinion. I only wish the best to those working to make any track work. Personally been involved in racing of some sort for over 35 years. And definitely not for the money. But for the competition and commaradity. Best to all. This will not happen again!

Apologies to all. That post was placed by my "jobless" teenager whom isn't racing do to other personal matters. He has been allowed my password to view this site but should have never posted his one sided opinion. Personal conversations with others in the racing community may have generated his uneducated and thoughtless opinion. I only wish the best to those working to make any track work. Personally been involved in racing of some sort for over 35 years. And definitely not for the money. But for the competition and commaradity. Best to all. This will not happen again!

Teenager's can be a pain, but we love them anyway. I've got two in their 20's good luck and no hard feelings!! Hope ya'll can find a way to make it to the races, let me know if I can help.

Thank you to all who expresed an opinion. Running a track and racing a track is never perfect for everyone. We look forward to the weekend that is not only for racing but for the kids, both big and small, that so enjoy getting to meet the drivers and trick or treat. We look forward to providing a good show for both driver and spectator. See ya at the races

600.00 to protest if you know someone is cheating put up money this solves everything

yea and im gonna take your money and logan
You might have a chance to if you buy that cheater car you brought last race.
Lol thats a good one!!!its funny its forsale after i bought a car bc ive been hounding them to buy it before i had one!!!but i drove right past it!!!

Lol thats a good one!!!its funny its forsale after i bought a car bc ive been hounding them to buy it before i had one!!!but i drove right past it!!!

please tell me what to check for to be illegal im thinking about buying it, wear i heard you was super fast and headed to front until you got ran someone over

please tell me what to check for to be illegal im thinking about buying it, wear i heard you was super fast and headed to front until you got ran someone over
What happened to ur car...and u will be buying a fast car! But illegal (i was just going along with joke) i just know its fast and i wanted it. And yes i got ran over but hopefully have her back together by tomorrow but wo a lf fender!!!

Archived