SuperStreet/SuperStock at CCS/CTS

SamDuncan

Arob and John,

Yall are bringing up CTS not supporting CCS. That is a false statement. I understand yall support dirt alot more than asphalt and there is nothing wrong with that, but every race CTS staff thanks the CC racers who make the 3 hour trip to race there. Rodney mentions the next scheduled race at CCS at almost every race CTS holds. Yall are making points that are not only an issue with asphalt racing. How many STS drivers go and support SOS compared to SOS drivers supporting STS? I dont think ive seen one car from SOS support STS. Dan is doing everything he can to keep CC up and running. Yes there is a lack of advertisement for the races at CCS, but its not just up to the track to promote a race at CCS. The drivers and crews need to do it too. I have atleast 10 new people coming out to the races saturday at CCS to watch and support the track (weather permitting).

EASY answer to anyone question that does not know cc is raceing ..schedule . its been up all year long.dan waited to see what every other tracks schedule was and made a point as best as he could to schedule all cc races on off nights of the other pave tracks ..seeing his son races at cts when his class is on the schedule at cts ..and Joshua I should have four more to add to the list of new fans .

Difference is SOS and STS have good car counts from "home." The tracks support each other, drivers don't. I don't think I've seen SOS or STS have less than 10 Pure Stocks on any given night and there have been some two way traffic. On dirt, Street Stocks struggle unless it's a STXSSS event. CCS had 2 I believe last race yet CTS can get 15-20 on their nights. This isn't a knock on Dan or CCS or CTS and STS didn't want to run against CCS but with all of the r... outs, they need to give their racers opportunity too. There should be enough for both tracks to be ok, it just hasn't happened this year for CCS which is unfortunate. In Pures alone I can name a few SOS cars that have run down here this year, 07, 02, 51, 7A, even if it was just once. Limited Late Models, when they all showed up are about 1/2 SA area drivers, Limited Mods have a few racing both tracks. Pures have several racing both tracks. I'm glad you guys are bringing folks into the stands though, they definitely need that at all tracks. Think this thread is aimed at the fact CCS can't get Streets to show up and it's the biggest class at CTS.

This thread was to see what it would take to get more support from the Street Stock/Super Stock type cars to race down here and has NOTHING to do with STS, SOS or CBS . I know the car counts are good at the dirt tracks and am happy for everyone involved with those tracks but my point was and still is ...Trying to get support for CCS in all classes .

There are enough SS type cars to make good car count at all the tracks and the rules are close enough no matter what surface you choose to run that if a driver chose to they could run either dirt or asphalt

Sam I brought up the dirt tracks in response to Josh, nothing more, but even on dirt, the Street Stocks struggle on a regular night. But a STXSSS race will have 15-20 or more, regular night, 10 tops. The SS at CCS have had issues for several years now, first it was rules, then management, then track conditions, then driver issues. You're right Sam, these things need to be resolved otherwise the class and possibly the track, will fail. Dan's kept CCS open primarily for the touring series. Last year he ran one local class, Bombers and had 10-15 each race and they were good races. This year he put CTS SS rules in and very few came. His Bomber numbers are down too so if he decided to run more events, how is he justified when your locals only provide 10-15 cars combined in two classes when we all know there are several others in each that aren't there. Josh, yes it's true that my dad and I have been supporting dirt recently, but neither one of us want to see CCS or any track fail and close. We have strong ties to CCS and the way things are looking for me right now, if Dan keeps CCS going next year, that may be my home track for my car as long as scheduling works for me.

Would if I had time and money. Saving for my little boy on the way. Every day is pretty much off to school, work, then church. I get to make the last half of Saturday night racing. Trying to catch corpus if work.lets out on time and wallet prohibits. CTS gets a good support from me. Luckily I have been able to make the races with the rain dates. Come visit with me on Sunday off moursund and 410. I'll budget lunch in for you.

Archived