question on super street.

BJ34

Everyone complained about the rules so Dan opened up the rules(same as CTS) and still no cars show up. Rodney is correct why have cars on the schedule when none show up.

With all the tracks closing you need to support your local track or one day it won't be around to enjoy .

Tommy Wynd , Clare Randall , Mark Hudler and The Monroe MotorSports Camaro are the only ones who show up every race .

JMO but maybe some of the other drivers can't handle the the 1/4 mile Bull ring lol

Some dirt tracks are rough too and it doesn't stop them.The Longhorn guys came to CCS for years when they could and that was when tracks raced every week.I think it is fear they will get tore up here.And this is not unique to CCS. Shady Oaks drivers think the same about STS. I laugh at this as they sure do a good job of tearing up cars at both tracks. It is not skill as there are a ton of good drivers at both.Both Corpus tracks are fast also.So it must be fear ,real or perceived,of getting tore up.

Thats a problem with classes dirt and asphalt in general at most tracks. Unfortunately I look in the stands and see way too many drivers with ready cars drinking beers and on their asses instead in a drivers seat. I will be happy to bet anyone those will be the people that complaint about no track or series to race in when it disappears. I understand about economy and priorities trust me but if you cant race it or have lost the desire to then let someone else or find a sponsor to help take some of the financial strain off a bit so you can afford to even if its part time.

SouthTxpromotions is correct ... i see it at every race ... Drivers who wanted rule changes (and got them) sitting in the stands drinking beer bench racing instead of supporting the track or series they wanted to race . I guess it's easier to say how fast you are from the stands instead of proving it on the track .

It has always been this way and always will but a true racer will run his car no matter what . I raced at CCS when I didn't like the rules or ownership years ago but I liked racing so I raced !!!

Archived