LLMS wanting to stay at STS

Woodwayracing18

To all the LLMS drivers that want to save this class and keep racing at STS. We are going to have a meeting at the track this Sat. Night the 26th. So if you are interested in keeping this class alive PLEASE bring your car out and let's show KEN. Thst we want to race. If you can't bring your csr at least come out and talk with us.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO NOTHING BUT BITCH WE DON'T WANT YOU THERE.

Come see me or Landon at the track.

Thanks

Shane Moore

We do need to have a meeting with our present drivers and any upcoming drivers to discuss what our intentions are going to be for the upcoming season with actual commitments to dedicate this class to one track with every race being a points race. I feel that this discussion needs to be away from the tracks with a meeting somewhere that is a midway point for as many drivers as possible. Not for sure of a good location (maybe Pleasanton area) Since we are not on any schedule next week, this might be a good time to meet. Might want to go over our rule package also and have in writing any past changes and any others that might need to be addressed to get rid of the gray area's to make it easier for any tech personnel. We definitely need to discuss our driving style to reduce as "Andrew says" carnage. Maybe think about a class official (not affiliated with any drivers) that monitors the race and has the authority to penalize drivers for excessive or rough driving, no passing until after turn 2 or even single file starts and restarts. These are just some of my ideas and I know I'm just an old fart with probably some crazy ideas but I'd like to still get a couple of more years racing. This used to be a good clean racing class and I know we can do it again.

Let's come up with a date, time and location and get this done.

Thanks

If someone can forward this to SOS site also that all our drivers can read and attend whenever this meeting happens

I will post a date once I look at the calendar. Got wifes surgury next weekend so it might be shortly after that. I think this weekend will be to short notice for some. Ill post a date on the Announcments forum so that it is not on the tracks forum. I dont want to create a line in the sand by doing that in the sense. This is about our class rt now and not one particular track.

cant make it this weekend. grandsons 1st birthday.i have only missed a few races this year due to work and family.i would like to race this class again so whatever we need to do just keep me posted and I will try and do my part. Not willing to sell my car just yet but if we cant race then I might be forced to sell it...

Did something change from Ken's original post on the 15th? while I applaud the effort this seems like it's one of those too little to late deals. I do feel for a couple of the guys who have been at every event. it sucks but it maybe time to convert to street stocks or choose another class. Tracks cannot survive running multiple classes with minimal car counts in each class. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but the class has done it to themselves ...not the track ...not the fans.

Sounds like Ken has made his decision. His feelings towards the LLM were evident when he created a points race for the class at the driver's meeting on 29 Aug 15, which took the current points leader and multiple others out of the points race. If any track is worried about car count maybe a top consideration should be identifying which races are points nights in advance of the driver's meeting!

He's had the support of the 5 or 6 cars that begged him for additional races at the beginning of the season. STS is not even keeping points for these events.

I do want to thank the Stacy family and Shady Oaks staff for welcoming the LLM this season. The facility is always top notch. We've had a great racing surface all season. We look forward to racing at Shady Oaks Speedway in the future.

In my opinion the LLMs and the Sport Compacts have something in common. STS has 6 regular classes now plus karts and now bikes so the fact is there is just not time to add weak classes like ours.Compacts because of low car counts and LLMs because of the time required to run your races. STS has been battling late conclusions for a while.

I have seen over the years classes go and come but lately its the tracks that are going as shown by Edna the latest. Its a tough deal but its reality.I do know ridicule toward the track is not the answer. Compacts don't care about points,our deal is not being taken serious by the V8 guys and looked down on.Its a shame because finally our class is beginning to get new interest.

My recommendation to you guys is take any opportunity offered and be grateful, least you fade away like so many other series. But yes, our promoter has spoken. The bombers have taken our slots.So now what?

Ken posted back in June that there would be make up races in August ! Get over it ! The last two drivers meetings for LLm were conducted by HRAY who took it upon himself to talk to Keith about moving the class there with out talking to majority of drivers in the class , I told yall last October you should take a vote from the top point drivers that raced every race last year and not a promise from those that didn't race or only made 1 or two races ! Also Hray promised he and 3 or 4 cars that he was building to come to Shady Oaks that never showed .Keith went to Ken after talking to Hray and that is when the split came about . People don't have their facts straight .Yall need to record your meetings so you know what you said . I dropped out when my car was stolen but I have kept up with and if my car was returned I probably would run it.

Kevin

Wasn't dq it was put back to 4th for jumping the restart on a car that wasn't keeping up . I did put the car up for sale a few weeks before it was stolen because I did plan on going to sportmod next year ,my reason was I want to race and the LLM have been up and down since we started .If I still had the car I would have raced till it sold ! We had only missed 1 race in 3yrs and that was the week after I rolled in Goliad and Ken moved the race up to Friday Night and my car was still needing work at 11 pm Thursday and so I put it off, We would have made the Saturday race .

But I will be racing this Saturday with my Sportmod and I will be racing next year where ever I can because most tracks run sportmods !

I still have my sons LLM but didn't want to put time or money into putting it together for maybe 1 or two races ! I enjoyed running the class and running with everyone .

As most of you know and accept, I do my best to keep these forums from becoming a place to take our frustrations out on any particular track or any particular promoter.

Unfortunately, not everyone is on board with my stance on this, but let's do our part to solve whatever problems the LLMs face in a positive manner.

Thanks.

Nick

Just saying this an option.Maybe the LLM'S could be looking at what it would take to convert toStreet/Super Stocks.I have no idea how hard this would be with LLM's.Obviously it wasn't hard for Sportsmods to convert.Just saying Street/Super Streets or what ever you want to call them are growing.LLM's are not.From a fan standpoint I like Streets/Supers,they seem faster and way more competitive.

Archived