Breaking in motor

F5RACING

I had a motor built about two years ago and started it a couple times to break in, but it has been setting for over a year and a half. I never got a chance to fully break it in either. It was garage kept and in the car until recently. Had some issues pop up that had to sideline the process. I didn't spare expense on the motor originally and don't want to take any now. Main question is should I open it up and make sure there isn't any rust etc.?

Really that is a question you have to answer yourself mostly ..do you feel ok starting it as it is now .or worried ...... I would pull the plugs and valve covers lube the rockers .then take marvel mystery oil and pour some in each cylinder and let set for a few days ..and hand turn it a couple of times over the couple of days or so ...then if it is out of the car hook a oil gauge up pull the distributor and manual pump the motor .by hand only ... I take old distributors take the gear off and wield a socket or nut to it use that to pump the motors up ...you can buy a tool to do so as well in most cases ....if this motor has been out of the weather and covered up .you should be ok ..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived