Pures vs factory (Stock)

WaerRacing00

Wouldn't you think to the fan in the stands hears Pure Stock or Factory Stock ,they think the car is like it comes from the factory originally which would make these names one and the same. Shows how messed up the rules are . Then you have street stock and guys are running chassis that cost 10 times more than car cost from the factory !

What little I've seen is the Factory Stocks allow a custom build chassis, may be able to play with weight percentages maybe? Suspension package looks a little different and they (in some areas) can run a different tire. Just observations I've seen but could be wrong, never took the time to sit and compare rules before.

I SAY GO RACE IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO RACE AND WIN NOTHING. racing is fun I have lost money plenty of races but its neat to say you have raced at whatever track. I have won at cc speedway, STS, I 37, 2nd at Edna, 18th at HRP, 15TH? AT CTS, no feature win at Shady Oaks yet, but I have had lots of fun and not done yet. jmo

Houston guys have both classes and some run the IMCA banner. What I noticed in Goliad at the Nationals in February were tires and rearends as the main difference with the purpose built chassis as opposed to a "stock" former street legal chassis. Those Houston cars did well but is it a huge advantage or just better driving that weekend? I'm not too sure.

Archived