1 5 99 Slick Garza Corpus Christi, Tx 200.00

2 1 6 Kaitlyn Carlucci Corpus Christi, Tx 175.00

3 3 71 Jett Garza Corpus Christi, Tx 155.00

4 2 84 Skylar Sturtz Corpus Christi, Tx 140.00

5 4 9 Alexis Lynn Powell Corpus Christi, Tx 130.00

Youth Go-Kart - Feature Finish Start Car Driver Hometown Points

1 2 2 Brayden Skinner Corpus Christi, Tx 200.00

2 1 22S Isiah Mendoza , Tx 175.00

I have to ask this. It seems in the LLM's that if it is not a points race half of you don't show.If there was a point fund I understand. I just say this because by not showing you are killing the class.Five and 6 car fields doesn't send a good message to the tracks or the fans.On the other hand I never understood why points were not given for all races ,exception 2 night shows. Just sayin , but what do I know?!

I DID NOT EVEN SEE LLM ON SCHEDULE IF YOU LOOK AT STS WEBSITE, IT ALWAYS SHOWS THEM SEPERATE, IT SAYS ALL CLASSES PLUS LLM OR PLUS SPORT COMPACT SINCE THEY WERE NOT SCHEDULED TO RUN EVERY RACE, SEE NO MENTION OF POINTS ANYWHERE, MYSELF I DONT CARE ABOUT POINTS BUT I HAVE RUN FOR POINTS BEFORE AND I WOULD BE SMOKIN MAD IF THIS HAPPENED. JMO

I agree with arob we need more cars showing up if we want to keep this class going. The only reason I wasn't there work got in the way and didn't get to finish repairing everything other than that i would have been there. I think the rest of the season should be points night. If you are worried about points you should show up every race.

It was also NOT posted as a rain make up . By all means I would like to have both of my cars at every race just to help tracks and car count. One of my drivers has a wife and children that are top priority over any hobby, and time with family and their needs are important. I would hope any one would understand that. ( Maybe not like it but understand), as do I. If each race would have been a points race as most ALL classes are, there is no doubt arrangements would have been made at the start of the season for most all LLM to make most every race. My second car was only ready 3 weeks ago and has made each race points or no points. As long as I am physically and financially able the second car will be at all races. Also if driver able and willing, my first will also. Jamie Fuller Owner 93 & 50

It was also NOT posted as a rain make up . By all means I would like to have both of my cars at every race just to help tracks and car count. One of my drivers has a wife and children that are top priority over any hobby, and time with family and their needs are important. I would hope any one would understand that. ( Maybe not like it but understand), as do I. If each race would have been a points race as most ALL classes are, there is no doubt arrangements would have been made at the start of the season for most all LLM to make most every race. My second car was only ready 3 weeks ago and has made each race points or no points. As long as I am physically and financially able the second car will be at all races. Also if driver able and willing, my first will also. Jamie Fuller Owner 93 & 50

Yeet Yeet!!!!!!

You know...here we go again. Racing happens...got it...There is such a bigger issue besides points. Yes there are a few of us in this hunt because we want to be champions. But thats small compared to the issue and the only ones to blame are ourselves. We have missed 3 races. 2 non points and 1 points make up. Why because we had family plans from last yr. LAST YR. Now..1 or two cars missing a night here or there isnt the issue. The issue is carnage over commitment. Im going to throw this out there...I went from dead last (14th) and won at SOS. didnt touch a fly in the sky. Go to another track...get stuffed in the wall on the green flag. destroyed everything under the rearend. NON POINTS NIGHT..there was 6 of us in the feature. We still made it back for the following race. I then decided after the 2nd nonpoints night of being tore up that we are only going to run the points night if we want to save whats left of our car to win the championship. If people have endless pockets to spend on this hobby...outstanding..but for some of us budget guys we have to pick and chose at times. HOWEVER....the commitment issue and carnage issue is the biggest problem.. So I understand if a track doesnt want us back because we cant field a full car count. But I think its more of how bad our class looks on the track and how long it takes for us to run 20 laps. Points or no points, the pocket book always runs the show. If we can stop driving each other into the damn ground, if we learn how to use the brakes and gas with patience and keep the cars on the track without destroying them, you will have more cars that show up. Not the tracks issue, its ours. Last yr the car paid for itself in all of the races before getting the front end tore off. If we dont get tore up and finish high enough to pay for the next night of racing I would do it each weekend..But nooooo....we want to over drive, not use brakes, have no respect, then point the fingers at those who cant afford to return because they have to take out a mortgage to repair crap that could have been prevented. I can count and list all of the LLM in the south texas area. there is 27...27..but most of them cant travel, or they see whats going on and dont want to get into the mix. Other drivers that want to move up see ignorance and carnage and say eff that..and i dont blame them. Opening night at sos we have 17 LLM...17! 9 finished. why? because on the green flag everyone decided to win it going into turn 1. and others got caught up no fault to them......My point in this rant...our class is dying because of more than car counts...If you have something or an ego or a demon that just makes you feel the need to drive the way we have been driving then get a station wagon and travel to the demo derbys and have at it. My last point in this...STS is not having us next yr. They want full tube 4 bar LMs. My car is going on jack stands and Im probly taking up basket weaving. I cant use my car in any other class...Now I know someone is going to get fired up over my words...but its the truth..We all need to check ourselves and pray we have a track to race at next yr........Nitro said it

Whenever the schedule states LLM (non points) of course there are no points given. Ken added us to the schedule to make up as a rain date since we only had 1 points night at STS and there was nothing said about "No Points". Our car count has been low and a lot has to do with "Non Point" races. People get selective as to when they're going to race which hurts the car count and yes from getting torn up too. We aren't racing every week so there should be ample time to get the car fixed and be ready to race. I don't think anyone was torn up more than myself last season and the start of this season. Don't have a thick wallet either but I managed and had the car ready for each race. There's nothing cheap about racing!!

The tracks and fans expect us to have decent car counts and I do agree with Drew that the driving does need to improve and the vast majority of the carnage has been happening before the first lap is completed.

Drew, if you paid attention to Ken's posting on facebook and speedzone you would notice that the LLM changes had been removed. Ken is still planning on running us at STS.

Thanks Ken and STS for giving us a place to race.

Taz Racing #14

Taz.. you i agree with you and your correct. I am not on FB and havent seen anything. So thanks for the heads up. ill look into it...I think we all need to get together and have a serious heart to heart with all of us. get out the issues, get out the problems. resolve them and see if we cant save our class...Still going to take alot of convincing to get alot of the others to make the trip.

As for points, nothing was said and nothing was pointed out specifically about us having a points make up. Cant do it at last minute in the sense. Otherwise we would have been there.

Archived