2016 Info

SWEET ON THE BOMBER CLASS, STREET TIRES AND 7 INCH WHEELS? MUCH BETTER STARTER CLASS FOR YOUNGSTERS I THINK, ESPECIALLY AFTER LAST FEW EMOD RACES. JMO

I AGREE WITH BOBBY

I THINK A FULL SEASON IN A FULL BODIED CAR REAR WHEEL DRIVE CAR WOULD IMPROVE THE CURRENT E MOD CLASS IN THE NEXT SEASON.

RUN A 305 AUTO FULL BODIED CAR. DECENT POWER. CANT OVER POWER TRACK.

UNLIKE THE E MODS HARD TIRES LESS WEIGHT 350 ENG U CAN OVER POWER THE TRACK SPIN LOOSE CONTROL WRECK THE FIELD AND GET LUCKY DRIVE AWAY WHILE THE OTHERS ARE CRIPPLE AND CANT FINISH THAT RACE. I HAVE SEEN THIS ON MANY OCCASIONS THEN EVERYONE INVOLVED GETS MAD THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN . I HAVE BEEN HAVING FUN SINCE 1968 BEEN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE .

LET THESE FUTURE RACERS LEARN SOME CAR CONTROL EVERY BODY WILL BE HAPPIER IN THE LONG RUN . RULES ARE RULES CAR OWNERS DRIVERS SPONSORS SHOULD HAVE NO VOTE IN RULES TRACK

I AM SURE THERE IS A TRACK SOMEWHERE THAT HAS A GOOD SET OF RULES FOR A CLASS LIKE THIS .THIS IS J M O AND EXPERIENCE . IF ANY OF MY STATEMENT OFFENDED U U ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM ,SO AT THIS TIME I WILL TAKE A NAP

JAMES PARKS JR BETTER KNOW AS THE OLD MAN !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree w James. Anyone with no fear can do what has been happening the last 3 or 4 races. It takes a very unique special person to jump into this class w little or no experience and not cause havoc. A couple kids with family experience have been able to do it but behind the scenes they have been coached and handed down past experiences. I don't know the answer to this issue but before you can fix it you must recognize their is an issue. Less then half the cars are finishing each feature lately and those not finishing are collecting a lot of heavy collateral damage.

STP is correct coaching from those who have experience have a greater success rate than those with out the help . I don't think it is power and lighter cars so much as one would think in most cases ,those emods are open wheel and anyone touching tires is more likely going to wreck .a bomber wont change anything when its mainly a driver deal .they are going to wreck nomatter what they drive if they are not coached nore want to listen to coaching ..I drive my son nuts with coaching but have had little to do in work with wrecked cars becuz of it ...right now I see drivers who need help but in their mind they have to go and win first before learning how to .. the best advice he my son got was not from me . from another driver and he still agrees with it today and speaks it to new drivers and gives the credit where it is due ..you cant pay enough for information and coaching like that it is priceless ..HE WAS TOLD TO DRIVE IT LIKE HE WAS ON THE FREEWAY .....that stuck simple huh .

Drew I can tell you that very thing is addressed at every STP/STXSSS drivers meeting. Not sure if it is for the E Mod meetings but you can tell them all you want, it's still in their hands to listen. I'm not sure what the "problem" is with E Mods but they have been tearing a lot up lately. The big one Saturday was a failure in suspension, car had wheels turned all the way to the left and car kept going up the track then when it caught, he shot across the track collecting a few others. Unfortunate deal and the heavy collision happened right in front of me, just glad all the drivers were ok.

I hope you all don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

The mods are a growing class that has 20 or more drivers every week. The cars have very little grip due to the tires. This causes you to have to drive them. Anytime we have 20 or more cars on the track accidents happen. The question is why? Is it just circumstance due to part failure, drivers, the automobiles or just a lack of experience.

What do we do about it? This is the question. Is simply having more practices the answer or will more racing had to driver experience and fix itself? Maybe going back to DOT tires?

I am looking at everything. I don't know what the answer is and even if I need to get involved yet.

One thing I know for sure!!!! The fans love them. You all put on a great show. The race was exciting.

One other note. I personally looked at every E-Mod in Tech. I was happy to see how stock and legal everyone was. Great Job Guys!!

Ken Hobbs

what s that saying drew ..you cant win it on the first lap .still holds true .ill say this if it is mostly the same cars involved week after week crashing and others are crashed out who are doing their best to race and finish .then one salution ..put those cars in the back every night till they learn how race and if it is needed .make em start half a lap down ..that will fix it fast ..I like that class but would never put a car in that class as it is .but that is just me and I don't matter and don't suggest anyone holding back from joining that class .hope every thing gets better ...it is a great class and fun to watch and there are some really future champs in that class ...

I agree with Mr. Hobbs . I also think it is about growth. HiTech is right also about seeing if the same cars are involved . The rate of accidents I think will drop off when these guys learn how to drive with 20 cars at once. All the other classes in the past when they grew to 20+ had troubles. It was not long ago that it took at least 3 attempts to start a feature with the limited mods when they had 20 +. These guys and gals are learning and sometimes its painful. This will straighten itself out.

Hitech, I so agree. I know one day I want to be champ. The bigger picture to me is having a class for younger talent to move into that is not a slouch class with drivers that can be looked up to so the class can grow and is still somewhat affordable once all put together. Thank god I have a camaro clip otherwise I would have been out along time ago.

Top...sometimes in racing wolf is called so much with blaming others that an equipment failure will be looked at as intentional or over driving before anyone can ask what happened. 20 laps...no cautions if possible would prove alot more with a spread out field with all 20 finishing than 5 equal cars over driving to prove a point with no patients on the first lap destroying half the field. It use to be fun starting mid pack and seeing how to work up to the front, now its mentally frustrating to know sitting in the line up area predicting the inevitable. ;)

Drew, I'm just saying I find it hard to believe a driver would turn hard left on the straightaway intentionally. I was watching this car go through turn 4, drifting up and that left front was turned all the way to the left to keep from hitting the wall and unfortunately it caught before hitting the wall and shot him across the track. It was not a good feeling having his car come sliding past me in the infield and then the other two hit right in front of me. It was not intentional in any way. Racing for $1500 Saturday, I doubt any of them had intentional failures. Didn't see the other pile up but did see a driveshaft laying in 3-4 and heard one car didn't go and got piled into on a restart, bad luck there. If the car that didn't go is the one with no driveshaft kinda leaves that driver in a bad place on a restart and no time to get out of the way.

My opinion! !!there was alot of wreckes caused by the peronson coming from behind trying to get to the front..."running over/through car bc they couldnt pass them!!!i cant pass you so lets wreck you and everyone behind you...

Happens in pure stock too unfortunately. People just need to be patient and learn to drive their car. Who ever the guy is that put me in the wall is lucky I'm a nice guy othe people may not be so forgiving. One thing I have done in the past if I accidentally hit someone is I have always apologized I know some people won't accept an apology you just let them be but I give it a shot.

when I started racing and today with Joshua .you cant learn anything or get a good finish if your wrecking the car and on the tow .other words he has to take care of his car the best he can behind the wheel and not use it to move folks and be patience enough to give that inch .things will happen you cant stop it but do your part in trying to maintain your talents to learn lap after lap after lap .even in tps he is learning watching those faster cars and trying toget better at it . next year he will be racing on dirt and has to learn . it is up to every driver to go out and say to themselves I am going to do every thing I can to race clean dont push it over my paycheck learn make every lap and get better .finish the race first .last first does not matter just finish ..you will learn more and at a faster pace than any other way .if you think as a rookie your going to win a lot and try too hard .you are making a big mistake .you learn nothing but repairing the car right now you should be racing yourself more than any other .I learned the hard way .slow down take every thing in and go faster ..

The introduction of actual racing suspension and race car adjustment combined with a super hard tire are all factors that play into some of the issues we are seeing. some teams that have some form of experience be it behind the scenes in the shop or behind the wheel shows. overdriving maybe, rough driving maybe, ill-handling definetly all could be factors. drivers coming from a go-kart class may not have enough knowledge of basic suspension set-up and or tuning ...see above "experienced help" or the ability to ask someone for help.

The question that still lingers is it age and or experience? it's been said over and over that this is a beginners class? is it ? or is it the economod class meaning "economical" not to exclude people that may not be able to afford to race at a higher level . I think all racers want to race at their highest affordable level. racing with the more experienced guys/gals makes each person a better driver or should anyway.

sometimes rolling out of the throttle and letting the car free up instead of cranking the wheels left and standing on the gas and coming across the field is worth not tearing up equipment and hurting a bunch of feelings.

There's a guy around San Antonio that's gives a pretty darn good chassis seminar next time you see it advertised in corpus try and jump in there.

oh and 1500.00 to win for a econoclass first time played into it also, go to a big paying limited modified show you'll see lots of tore up sheetmetal or wait till DEC @ STS

HAMMER OUT THAT SHEETMETAL, POP SOME MORE RIVETS AND GET BACK OUT THERE! PRACTICE PRACTICE!

This is a new class that has experienced major growth the last two years. Is it a beginner class? I don't think so. As for "experienced"drivers getting into it I think the tire they use is the big equalizer, I hope they never change that.Is it age? No because the older drivers have contributed their share also.Personally I am impressed with the younger drivers. The problem I see after thinking about it is they don't react well when things happen in front of them. That or they are unlucky.This is all part of learning and learning can be expensive at times.Couple that with a growing class with a lot of evenly matched cars well stuff happens.I bet when these guys get three years or so of E-Mod they will be ready for that next step up more so than stepping up from Pure Stock. Not time to panic yet.Hopefully there is some video out there that can be shown at a meeting before the November race to learn from.The raw talent is there like Hi=Tech said some may need to be coached. I suggest an E-Mod only meeting with maybe a couple of Sport-Mod drivers to share some knowledge.This is a great class and I would love to see it grow to SOS and TPS if they re open.

HAMMER OUT THAT SHEETMETAL, POP SOME MORE RIVETS AND GET BACK OUT THERE! PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Only if it were that easy to bend the steel back on pure stocks and brace back the broken pipes with rivets...or bend back the bent frame...but agree with big money = large number of torn up cars...but the black flag will stop alot of u necessary bumper using...take bumpers off and see who uses the radiator to move someone...lol

Archived