2016 Info

South Texas Speedway is already working toward 2016.

A few items to note:

The schedule will be very similar to this year.

We will be adding a Bomber Class: It will be open to all 4,6,8 cylinder cars. Must be stock. New rules coming soon.

We will also be having a few enduro races and destruction nights.

It should be a great 2016 year!!

Ken Hobbs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It a mostly stock mustang with a six point cage but I dont see how its fair v8 vs a 4 cylinder thats like have a pro modified run against a street stock. Not much chance unless the v8 is running bad.

It a mostly stock mustang with a six point cage but I dont see how its fair v8 vs a 4 cylinder thats like have a modified run against a street stock. No chance unless the v8 is run bad.

I have seen a mini stock run just fine with pure stocks.

Guess we will have to wait until the rules come out and see but putting a sport compact with big cars doesn't seem like a good idea to me. As for E-Mod vs. bomber if my grand daughter wanted to race I would lean toward E-Mod.You can bet she wouldn't be racing without a HANS and a containment seat .I also think the minimum age should be 15 . But thats just me.

Well, Mods are in Street Stock now lol. My concern is the weight variance. Let's say a four cylinder Mustang or Neon gets sideways and a big Caddy comes along and hits that 4 banger, won't be pretty.

exactly my consern.

i have seen 4cylinder cars outrun bomber cars before at sts, i think it was a neon BJ34

yea I ran my neon with them at sts about 3 or 4 years ago. Just once they complained about it so I didn't run again.

If anyone needs mustangs or pintos to race i have around three mustangs and 4 pintos one needs transmission mount one needs motor and trans and radiator and 2 full body pintos that was taken off street willing to sell also around four 2.3 motors one is turbo aldo mercur car complete has been started stripping car...

Archived