Jerry Aylor

Bobby

Gulf coast racing legend Jerry Aylor passed away this morning. Although he had been on the decline for the last couple of years, his severe decline was only for the past week and I'm told he felt no pain. I'm sure his family would benefit from being held in your thoughts.

I understand that there will be a celebration of life event later in the year. In the meantime, there is a virtual celebration in progress on Facebook at the Jerry Aylor Family and Friends Memorial Page. Jerry's family would like everyone with a Jerry story to contribute, as there are many events and stories about their father that they didn't experience personally and risk being lost to time.

Jerry started Racing at the Old Almeda Speedway back in the late 60's, He then Raced at Moody and Clary Speedway in Navasota, Texas. Next would be Big H Motor Speedway and from there, He Raced everywhere, Jerry Won several Championships along the way and was One of the Best Drivers to Ever put His Car up front, He would Pass You and Wave as He was Laughing when He went by You, He was the kind of Guy that You Hated to show up but, He was a Fun Guy to be around and would Help Anybody with Anything, Except His Secret to How He Won so much, He would Help You make Your Car Fast but, Not as Fast as His, He would Help You and while He was, He would drink Your Soda and Eat Your Food while You wasn't even Paying any Attention, Your Soda was Gone. Jerry had a Big Heart and Cared for So many People, Especially Your Family. He will Be Missed by Many and leaves as a Legend of Racing in Texas. R.I.P. Jerry and have Fun at that Big Race Track in the Sky, May God Touch His Family with His Love !!!

Jerry's memorial service will be held Friday, September 4, 7:30 pm at Royal Purple Raceway, formerly Houston Raceway Park in Baytown, Texas. In Lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital or the SPCA.

There will also be a party in the pits at Battleground the following night. Details on attending and/or contributing are on the Facebook page mentioned earlier.

Archived