CTS Kyle Classic 250 schedule, August 29, 2015

NickHolt

Back in the day when tracks & classes raced EVERY week, the weekly show might start the season with approximately 20+ cars - but would dwindle to about 12 to 15 cars as wrecks took their toll during the season.

The change to a partial invert or draw is probably the best compromise for an exciting show for the fans, getting the racing program completed within a reasonable time, and yet maintain a decent car count.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All classes that qualify, do draw for inverts, the fastest qualifier draws a chip, sometimes it is heads up! But does anyone remember the crap talking storm that hit after the SSS 50 lap race when a SLOW car spun in front of the leaders? Many of you were saying he shouldn't have been on the track, well if we do it the way you want now, he would've started on the pole... You can't please everyone at a race track.

Im so sorry to bring this up , Ill see if ole nick will take it off , I was just a thought didn't mean to get people upset , etc sorry race chick that could have happened to anyone . I can remember when I was a rookie too , I don't think that ,that car would wanted to start the pole anyway ,like some people said on here it would make a better driver out of you , yes some would get some dints ,but that's racing too

No one is upset. Speaking as a fan I have never liked heads up,fast time up front line ups.Once everyone gets in line race is pretty much over unless someone breaks.Dirt it doesn't seem to matter as Heath Stewart showed at CBS and Wade Jones at STS.

My guess is not many people who pay or work on their cars want to do this. It is cool to watch them crash and fight, but it would be short lived. People get tired of spending money and working on bodies all the time. In this day and time, what has changed is there are many other options to blow money on besides racing. Back in the day, that was about all there was to do.

Oh I am not upset, I am just pointing out that there is inverts, just not the entire field... there is no reason to delete the post. It's not bashing anyone, I was just simply stating that there are inverts, it's just not the entire field that's getting inverted.

ok Im sorry racechick maybe I took it wrong , It was just a idea no problem

but only 6 gets inverted and there is your finishes , but the only one (s) passes ,,, is the drivers in the back ,that's our race ,the ones in the front is their race ,Its like there are two classes out there , but I need to do my homework to get up front ,my turtle turd need a lot of homework LOL.

Remember Just Race Talk.

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Divide the starting field for the main event in half by point average. The high point average drivers start at the front, but inverted. The lower point average drivers start at the rear, but heads up.

That way the highest point average driver has to pass all the other high point average people to win.

The lower point average drivers start behind the higher point average drivers, but not inverted. That puts the lowest (slowest?) point average at the very rear of the field along with 1st time drivers and those wanting to start at the rear for whatever reason.

This way we have some intense battles up front but minus the slowest cars.

And if you're a middle-of-the-pack driver, you have a shot at starting on the pole at the next main event if your average puts you in the "fast team" group up front! A pretty good incentive for middle of the pack teams to get faster...

This is how the Lone Star Legacy series lines up for the feature.

Nick

PACECAR HAS GOT IT RIGHT. HE NEERLY GOT IT TO A SCIENCE. Since car count varies race to race there needs to be a formula to come up with a reasonable invert and not allow the SLOW cars to be up front where they don't belong. If the track uses a point average system there will be some guys that will use the point average to there advantage (right pacecar). Leave the point average out of the lineup and go strictly on qualifying times and draw a chip to invert the top 60% to 75% of the field.

Anyone who does not understand just read the post again. Amen

The Dwarf cars start there heat and features by inverting the points average (higher in the back) with a few rookies in the back.

Usually the highest points average car starts about 16-18th every race at CTS. It makes for a better show and a better chance for any car to win instead of the same winners most of the time.

Rusty61, Starting the cars by point average is not even half of the lineup equation. How many races make up the point average used? Do DNS's and DNF's races average into the point average? Are there heat races that split the field point average in two halves to make the feature lineup?

It's just not that easy. WHERE THERE'S A WILL THERE"S A WAY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Toyotatim, dont take this as an attack, Im just gonna use you comment.

" It is cool to watch them crash and fight " That is a problem everywhere. Every short track in America is trying to get the stands full again. But honestly, those fans with that mentality are not the fans you want to cater too. As a fan, an owner, and a driver, I can honestly say even a bent fender is too much damage no matter the class. I cant stand hearing people say "oh its great in the lower classes". Think about that for a second Einstein, where do those drivers plan on going? To the upper classes. If thats how they learned, thats how they will continue.

We lined up by points average in every class back in the days of Longhorn, A smaller track with them hard steel plates called walls. You learned to drive, quit, or take an ass whoopin. And that is how some of the most notable short trackers in Texas did it. Reithmeyer, James, Cantwell, Stewart, Chrudimsky, and Umsheid to name a few. So dont say its not possible, or its gonna result in wrecked cars. It is possible, and those that wreck have some choices to make. Learn how to pass clean, learn how to take a beating, learn how to stay out of the way, or learn how to spell FOR SALE. And that is for every class.

This is stock car racing and its the greatest sport the nation ever invented. Dont treat it like modern politics where as mentioned above, everyone deserves a trophy and that we dont want to offend anyone. Worrk for success and earn those finishes. They mean more to you that way. The people in the stands need to be going to work monday telling their friends that they seen the most amazing side by side racing that puts NASCAR to shame. People really do wanna see good racing. Its up to us whether or not we want to provide it or just look out for ourselves.

racer61 that's the spirit , does not take much talent to wreck a car or cars . I found misguided folks who love that crash fest fighting type of racing change when they start helping or racing their own cars ,i don't knock the misguided fans so much I was that person in the 60.s and 70.s and I got schooled once I started my own racing adventures ..wow those late nights at the shop and pocket national bank sponsors can be tough and a nice training course in steering you in the correct direction ..

Archived