CTS Kyle Classic 250 schedule, August 29, 2015

NickHolt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be interesting if the sss class would start low points up front ?? high points in the back , let them see if the fast cars can make it up front ,Yes some cars would get banged up alittle but ,its let the slow cars get a chance for a trophy and the money ???? ONLY A IDEA!!

The first year that I raced at SAS in the thunder class, Robert Mayberry and I started last row every week. It was great fun. But now that i just finished my first super stock race, I don't think they would benefit from me starting up front. On top of that I've got 35 years in the sheet metal trade, tired of sheet metal repair! Lol

Yes as a fan it is more entertaining to watch the fast guys come from the back. With the fast guys starting up front every week it ends up being more follow the leader without a lot of passing. I grew up going to longhorn speedway and that's how it worked there. And not near as many tore up cars. And I believe all the features were only 25 laps (Except for the special nights).

Now on the other hand, why penalize the guys who qualify fastest week in and week out? And if you qualify 1.5 seconds off the pole time you really shouldn't start up front, it's not your night. They do at least mix it up some with the draw for invert, but maybe it should include more than just up to the top 6.

Just my $0.02

I'll put my 2¢ in. The first TALMS race of the year I had to start last because I was unable to complete a lap in qualifying. That was the most fun I've had in a long time!

Might not be a bad idea to start by points. Anyone can start on the pole with a fast car an win. Putting that challenge out there would show who the real talented drivers are.

Part of me would like to see a full invert and part of me doesn't.It seems it doesn't matter as much on dirt than it does on asphalt.On asphalt the fast up front just take off.I'd say invert 8.On a one groove track I think a full invert would be a disaster

In years past, I raced in many races that had some kind of invert - many of them were total invert by point averages. "Fastman" stated his opinion in this thread, and I have to agree with him. If you start the very slowest cars up front, there will be lots of wrecks taking out several cars and delaying the show (unless you raced like George Hagy who started a half-straight behind the field, just to avoid the opening lap wreck ... then he raced hard after the single file restart).

I enjoyed winning more than starting last, racing hard, and ending up 4th or 5th. Therefore, I didn't like full inverts and I tore up a lot of my stuff due to full inverts and the opening lap wreck. However, if the track & racers really want to consider a larger invert and live with the consequences, I would suggest that the invert be restricted to those cars that qualify within a certain percentage (let's say 5%) of the fast time (for example, within 0.75 second for a 15.00 sec fast time; or within 0.8 sec for a 16.00 sec fast time).

-Larry Bendele

well tps inverted the top six the last race .we qualified 3rd but pulled a 6 place start .was working out ok catching the back end of the leaders and lost a motor .so wasn't so bad starting 6th ..total invert would be suicide in some classes .but then again we are used to starting in the back by points at cc ..the grand stocks invert by points .

It is interesting that "back in the day" it was always high points in the back with 25 to 30 cars week after week and it was for the most part good exciting racing and now you can't do it because of too many wrecks or the fear of wrecking. I wonder what changed?

Archived