Like to thank Bobby Sanford for coming to our rescue offering a block to help get the 8 back on the track we have only talked to each other few times .. TRUE RACERS FRIEND . . Jesse Sandoval for hauling our butts up to Austin to pick up the block a 11 hour trip also digging through his shop for a head and other parts to help put this motor together .Lalo Leal for offering his help with parts for the motor and paying the fuel bill for the trip . if i have missed anything sorry ..but THANK ALL OF YOU ....

SORRY just could not get it to fire up .just makes me feel a little better knowing there are friends who care and racing is a family sport ...

THANKS to Joshua who spent a lot of time working on this project . Wife for her parking spot and just flat putting up with everything ...

I agree. Big thanks to Mr. Sanford for trying to help keep us out there. I hated being there without the car, but glad I still got to have some fun in the old bomber.Thanks to Jesse and Lalo for making the long trip and getting home late at night to try and keep us on track. Also to Jesse for letting me run his car.

More thanks to you Dad for always busting ass for me on every car I have driven. If it wasnt for you I wouldnt begin to know where to start with a car.

THANK you toyotatim ..picked up a block and crank today and new rods pistons rings were ordered .looking up ...never looked at that bubble that way lol. had to find something to cover the carb it sits right in line of eye level..tried cutting bottom of the blocks off to fit lower in the chassis but a problem arose .motor did not run good missing lower half ...the look on our face in 03 when we first installed that motor was funny ..why was it sitting so high I asked then realized .the body is 2 inches lower on the chassis ..that is a play ground bubble . it worked better than the other scoop we had ..

Archived