Lots to choose from in South Texas!

arob

What a choice we South Texas race fans have this weekend! For something different and from what I hear is quite exciting are the drag boat races in Marble Falls. Shady Oaks Speedway has a rain make up in Goliad. Car counts have been up at this really nice facility this year and Shady Oaks is a sure fire nice fan experience.Corpus Christi has Texas Asphalt Limited Modified Series headlining the card at Corpus Christi Speedway,a fast 1/4 mile asphalt track. . My choice this weekend is the Street Stock Shootout event at Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige Texas.The Street Stock Shootout Series has quickly grown to one of the best series in Texas and throw in Cotton Bowl's usually big car count in their other classes and a nice facility this is a sure bet. Pick a place and go race fans!

Thanks arob. You have been magic with the recommendation of Texana and Shady Oaks. Will try Cotton Bowl for the Street Stock Shootout for the 5th stop in the 2015 Summer Track Tour. See you there.. Maybe I will get an extra treat and have Bobby Chaffee announce like he did at Shady Oaks. Was a great show and well worth the drive.

Fortunately in my 55 years of going to race tracks around here I can count on only one/half a hand annoying announcers I've run into. One couldn't pronounce names,one could put you to sleep and the worst wouldn't stop talking from the time he got there to the time he left. Almost left the races once just to get away!

Well, tonight is race night at Battleground Speedway in Highlands Tx. where the SUPR Late Model Series is this weekend. Tomorrow night can take us back to Battleground for night two or to Corpus Christi Speedway where TALMS is headlining or Shady Oaks Speedway for a full program of racing or to Cotton Bowl Speedway for the Street Stock Shootout and the regular group of racers who are great in their own right.So make your plans and go to the track of your choice so we can get together Sunday or Monday and share how good the racing was at these places.Looks like you can't miss with any of them so ...DON'T MISS!

Archived