Event: ARCA ModSpace 125

Date: August 1, 2015

Venue: Pocono Raceway

Start - 2nd

Finish - 2nd

Laps Led - 0

Points Position- 1st (+185)

Grant Enfinger Battles Back to Second Place After an Early Race Collision

GMS Racings driver Grant Enfinger earned a second-place result in the No. 23 Allegiant Travel Chevrolet Impala at Pocono Raceway in the Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) presented by Menards ModSpace 125. On the opening lap of the 50-lap event, the Fairhope Ala., native was involved in a collision that caused minimal damage to the left side bumper. Crew chief Jeff (Stankiewicz) called Enfinger to pit road to check and fix the damage to the Allegiant Travel Chevrolet. The crew gave Enfinger four tires and fuel, before restarting in the 26th position on lap eight. Battling his way back into the top 10 in six laps, Enfinger reported that the car had lost grip and felt a little free. As the leaders started coming to pit road under green-flag conditions, the Allegiant Travel team decided to wait for a caution before making a stop. A caution occurred on lap 27 and Enfinger rolled onto pit road, taking four tires, an air pressure adjustment and one can of Sunoco fuel before restarting in the fourth position on lap 32. Enfinger made his way up to the second position on lap 42, where he stayed for the remainder of the ARCA ModSpace 125 and brought home his second runner-up finish at Pocono Raceway during the 2015 season. Enfinger still holds on to the ARCA championship points lead with 3310 points going into next weekends event at Berlin Speedway.

GRANT ENFINGER QUOTE:

Points-wise it was a great day. Im a little disappointed honestly. I thought we had the car to beat here today. We got caught up in that opening lap wreck and had a little damage to the left side bumper. I came down pit road to get four tires and fuel and check the damage. Those four tires hurt us balance-wise and I fought it through majority of the race. I cant thank my GMS Racing team enough for their hard work and dedication today and also my sponsors Allegiant Travel, WURTH U.S.A and Portable Shade who have supported us all year.

Archived