July 25th Races

The original schedule that is posted under short tracks has LLM's as a no points race and on SOS it states that it is a points night but not sure if that means the LLM's also. Also one schedule shows mods racing and the other doesn't. Curious as to which is right to avoid confusion. Thanks

I have a question about the format for the 24th-25th race, The schedule has pure stocks racing both nights, Is Friday a qualifier for Saturday night or is it 2 separate points races? I see the street stocks and classic are not on either night, you might consider racing one or both of them on one night and pure's on the other. I am asking because I have had some of the pure stock call and ask me what up, they also would like to know if it is 2 nights of racing, is there 2 nights of entrance fee's? Sorry I left out the Dwarf's they're not on the line up either. Not trying to stir the pot, just with the sad turn of events at Edna, everyone will be looking at S.O.S. to get their racing fix. Thanks Cooter

I believe two separate shows. Seems like they picked support classes that have good weekly car counts and throw a bone to a class that expressed interest in traveling. Edna was unforseen by most, this schedule was finalized before anyone would think TRP would close.

True pure stock usually has a good count, but I don't believe guys from out of town, will make the haul 2 days in a row. I for one am going to miss both nights, so my opinion doesn't really matter. Yes I know it was scheduled before anyone even thought Edna might not be able to finish the season. Like I said people have asked me and a lot of them don't feel comfortable posting question's. They just want some clarification on Fee's and points. Not asking for the venue to be changed!!!

Friday and Saturday are two full and separate shows. Friday will feature Emods, Pure Stocks, Lim Mods and ASCS Sprint Cars and racing begins at 8PM. Saturday will be Pure Stocks, Lim Mods, Limited Late Models, The Emod All Star Race (pending Fri car count of 16+) as well as the ASCS Sprint Cars and begin at 7PM... Saturday will include a pre and post race party featuring complimentary beverages with our sponsor partners Outlaw Offroad of Texas, Victoria Harley Davidson, First National Bank of Goliad and several others in the lot at SOS. Weekend Camping is free and is first come first serve. Pit passes are $30 per night. Grandstand Tickets are $15 for Friday $20 for Saturday and you can save $5 by picking up a presale weekend ticket in advance. We are looking forward to hosting a great weekend show that will be broadcast live on PPV on Race on Texas for those that can't make it out to join in the fun. We at Shady Oaks Speedway encourage all the race fans to come out and support the show and support your local dirt tracks. These types of events are only possible with great sponsor partners and an enthusiastic, energetic fan base! We look forward to seeing everyone next Friday 7/24 and Saturday 7/25

Cooter, I know you support it so no harm in your post and hope mine didn't come off condescending. I know a few from Corpus that will be there both nights, myself included if we can stop finding problems. Sorry to hear you'll miss this weekend. Thank you SOS for putting this event together and thank you sponsors for supporting it, now let's get those fans in the stands or if they can't make it, order the ppv and support the track and guys that want the best for racing. We've lost two tracks already this year, let's keep the ones we have going.

Very true.Fans need to support these big races no matter where they are. The tracks put a lot into it to bring these events to fans, like ASCS,USMTS,$5000 to win etc.If fans don't support then we won't see events like those or worse.

Thank you for your answer's I'll pass the information around, good luck to all that race, and I hope it is standing room only on both sides of the track. I know they really need a great show to help keep things moving along, and wish them nothing but the best.

Street stocks are listed for the 25th, according to the revised schedule I have. No classic's or dwarf's for the weekend, is the way it read's.

Thanks for helping me out Cooter. Yes street stocks race Saturday. Saturday is a points race for our classes. This is not a special events race.

Sprints are an add on for the rained out event and wanted a two day show. Friday night no points.

Two separate shows. Come have some good dirt track racing fun. See ya at the races.

Can't wait for this show haven't seen sprint cars in a year where i came from they raced ever weekend they always a good show thank you Shady for makin this show possible!!! As far as the race being on PPV will they air the whole night of racing or just the sprint cars I know a lot of people that will order this. Also a reminder if you need any help or equipment to help with this event let me know I will help however I can

Archived