Any Results?

mandm27

Landon Sowder won LLM, Andy Van Blarcum EMod, GB Carter in Sport Compact, Steve Whiteaker Jr, in Lim Mods, Cheryl Gray after a few DQs in Pure Stock, and Edward Oakes Street Stock Shootout.

K. Schelling was penalized for jumping the last restart in the LLM giving Sowder the win, 13 Started, 5 finished, J. Dear and S. Ward were DQ'd in Pures giving Gray the win. All of the top 5 in Street Stock cleared tech. Not sure about the Emods tech and Sport Compacts only had four cars, don't think any of them were DQ'd.

Top 5 STSSS:

1. E. Oakes

2. W. Jones

3. S. Whiteaker Jr

4. B. Rye

5. S. Doty

Car Counts on the board before the races Started:

13 LLM

16 Emods

4 Sport Compacts

16 Pure Stocks

18 Lim Mods

18 Street Stock

Tip of the hat to the Street Stock Shootout drivers for the great racing in all four of their races.Given everything on the schedule things ran pretty smooth except for the loooong LLM feature.Of all the years I have watched racing I don't think I've ever seen a transmission (I was told ) fall out of a car! Very entertaining night!

This from a former race director , If my clean up crew took that long to clear the track , They would have been replaced ,or I myself , many times would get in the wrecker and clear the track . Spectators do not like waiting on untrained , unexperienced crew members not knowing how to do what needs to be done in a timely manner . No excuses since there were no medical emergencies . Our crew would have the track cleared , in most incidents , under 4 laps . Improvement is clearly needed .

AROB that trans did not just fall out .that trans was put in on Thursday it is jesse sandovals sons car ..and it was still bolted in what was left of it when the car was loaded up well least the part of the bell housing was still bolted up .bell housing shattered and the rest is history . I have often worried about cars with no trans mount to help take the load off the bell housing but that is the way those cars are designed .... /// as for Jordan he was hit by the trans punched up through the floor board it destroyed other items in the car bent his seat destroyed the drive shaft and other stuff I am sure we missed seeing last night .. but thanks for asking how the driver was he was starting to feel it later on last night have not checked in with him today ............. as for taking to long to get cars off the track I have to agree with the other persons post then again I was just a fan and not out on the track with the clean up guys .and I know most of em and they are good at what they do just an off night for em in my books .one thing that THEY GET A 100 ON IS Jordan was asked many times by all those safety guys are you ok from on the track to drop off he was asked are you ok .. that is priceless right there .glad the track has a crew who cares ....I will add a lot of folks did not know he took a rough ride ..

jpaull, I wasn't involved in local classes tech so I can't say what it was, just know the trophy was given to Skip for Cheryl. The DQ will be the decision of the track or those drivers to be posted. HiTech hope he is ok, saw the transmission sitting at the bottom of the track and torque converter at the top and hope it didn't hit anything on the way out.

Was it a TH350? I've seen way too many of those break at the bell housing. Anyone running one should put a trans cross member in, even if it's just a piece of angle iron welded frame rail to frame rail and bolted to the tail shaft.

Anyone that complains about the tow trucks are more then welcome to buy there own and take the to the track and i will leave outs at hm.The guys in the green trucks are new and still learning and they drive slow through the infeild due to water and roughness to not tear up truck and try and not tear up any cars. The driver in our truck is doing what he has been asked. I understand it sucks but that is what we have to wrk with. Sancho u call apollo and u pay them to come out and wrk and see what they say. Until someone else pays or donates please refrain from bitching and be thankfull there are even tow trucks there.Nick if this is inappropriate then please remove.

Anyone trying to do good things in the stock car racing world will feel the sting of criticism - even when doing their very best and, as in this case, with the best of intentions.

STS has faced a lot of adversity so far this season due to weather issues, but the owner and staff have soldiered on for the good of the sport. In my mind, this forum should be filled with praise and encouragement rather than criticism. The folks complaining about the slowness of the wrecker could have brought their concerns to the track management in private rather than using the forums and posted positive comments to encourage the track in the forums instead.

Mr. Sullivan, your response was not inappropriate and is remaining for all to read. Hopefully, folks will get the message that attacking tracks in public is not in anyone's best interest.

Nick

Only saw one issue with the wreckers as far as time is concerned but I wasn't on the track at that time so don't know if the car was stuck on the berm or tow trucks not gaining traction or what happened. I can tell you there was a lot of soup in the infield. Looks dry from the stands but I assure you it wasn't dry in all spots. These guys do what they can to be efficient but they also don't want to tear up anyone's car or the track. Running a full show for 6 classes, a big fireworks show at intermission with several American Flag adorned cars and done by midnight, I'll take that any night of the year. Great job by STS and STSSS for a great night.

yep it was a 350 .and was told they tried a mount as you spoke of and vibration was so bad they took it off ..

another note I don't get out to that track often bad on me ..but I was surprised and said something to my wife wow they worked their butts off drying out the track area .even the parking lot was good to go the pits were in really good shape ..i was also impressed with how the track stayed smooth all night .. could of ran the pro sedan on slicks ....

The wreckers did a good job, one instance I know the wrecker got stuck in the infield . They always do what they can to keep from tearing up the cars worse and that's probably because they are racers themselves and know what it takes to put cars back together . With the conditions given with the rain midweek all track personnel did a great job .

Thanks

Archived