Harrison takes 4th DIRTcar Mod Nationals win of the season at La Salle

NickHolt

Harrison Conquers La Salle Speedway for Fourth DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Victory of the Season

LA SALLE, Ill. - July 2, 2015 - Mike Harrison earned his fourth DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals victory of the season on Thursday night at La Salle Speedway.

Harrison, who is attempting to win his fourth series championship, started on the outside of the front row and worked the high groove with near perfection as the battle behind him was intense. While Harrison was in charge out front, the top five shook out with Steven Brooks, Jacob Poel, Ray Bollinger and Kenny Wallace.

"I just got my little baby motor in here," said Harrison, who is locked into a fierce battle with Tyler Nicely for the championship, which counts a driver's best eight finishes during the tour. "I was really leery of coming up here because it's a little bit bigger track, but the points and nights are starting to dwindle down and I figured we have to come regardless. Thank God we did because the outcome's good."

Click here to watch highlights from Wednesday night's race.

The DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals tour invades Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Ill., on Friday night and then races to Highland (Ill.) Speedway on Saturday and Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind., on Sunday.

Follow the Summer Nationals and DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals on Twitter @SummerNationals or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SummerNationals, or visit the series' websites at www.TheHellTour.com and www.ModifiedNationals.com.

DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Statistical Report; La Salle (Ill.) Speedway; July 2, 2015

A-MAIN (25 LAPS) - 1. (24H) Mike Harrison, Highland, IL ($1,000); 2. (5) Steven Brooks, New Lenox, IL; 3. (82) Jacob Poel, Spring Lake, MI; 4. (77) Ray Bollinger, Kewanee, IL; 5. (36) Kenny Wallace, Concord, NC; 6. (1W) Bob Pohlman, Oaklawn, IL; 7. (79D) John DeMoss, Bloomington, IN; 8. (72) Brian Lynn, Mason City, IL; 9. (47C) Collin Thirlby, Traverse City, MI; 10. (5) David Wietholder, Liberty, IL; 11. (83) Nathan Balensiefen, Sheffield, IL; 12. (A9) A.J. May, Creve Coure, IL; 13. (36L) Jamie Lomax, Lake Village, IN; 14. (25W) Allen Weisser, Peoria, IL; 15. (7) Scott Heeren, Forreston, IL; 16. (16) Nicholas Lueth, Grand Ridge, IL; 17. (0) Travis Kohler, Morris, IL; 18. (128) Zach Schantz, Highland, IL; 19. (89W) Rick Weitekamp, Springfield, IL; 20. (83D) Dave Dulceak, Cortland, IL; 21. (12) Jeff Curl, Fairbury, IL; 22. (37N) Nick Odell, Mooresville, NC.

HEAT RACE WINNERS: Jacob Poel, Steven Brooks, John DeMoss and Mike Harrison.

Archived