JULY 3rd and 4th racing update!

South Texas Speedway info,

I apologize about getting this info out late. I have been focused on my day job the last couple of weeks.

July 3rd- All Classes running including the Street Stock Shootout. All go-Karts, Sport Compacts and LLM's are welcome to race!!

July 4th- All classes running again except Go-Karts. Due to the fireworks show I can not have the go-karts in the infield with 200lbs of explosives. It is just not safe for anyone.

Gates open at 4pm on Friday. Drivers meeting at 6:30pm. This is a points race.

The weather looks like its moving into our favor. The pits still have some spots with water as well as turns, 3 and 4. However the guys are working hard and we should be good to go.

This weekend races will be sponsored by Armed forces Supply. They will be onsite selling all kinds of items.

FIreworks on July 4th at intermission. We will ask all cars to line the front stretch.

The South Texas Speedway Commercials start today on KIIITV.

Lets get back to racing. Screw Mother nature!!!

Ken Hobbs

We would like to have all karts into infield by 5:30. We will have drivers/parent meeting at 5:30. I will try to get the meeting done as fast as I can. I will have the kids pack the track, then hot laps. No hot laps for Animals and 125s. This change. Race order is Sr , Jr , then youth. The Animals and 125s will be at the end. Just remember we are using AKRA rules. If you know anyone that runs Animals and 125s please invite them. I will be around after kart heat races at the scales or after the races in the pits.

Kelley

757-812-8266

Llm drivers stop your whining. Ken or any other track doesn't need us for the show. I as well as others want to race and will. The points dont pay anything so if your scheduled to work then do.hope everyone can come when they can. Thanks to Ken for letting us have the two day's

Well if has been on the schedule for months that both nights were points races concern should had been voiced then.Ken , you just can't win it seems!They asked for a decision,you gave it.If that's not good enough then just take the LLM's off Fridays schedule. That way it will be "fair" for evryone

Archived