'Street Outlaws' Arrive at MIR

For Immediate Release

'Street Outlaws' Arrive at MIR

Stars of the popular series ready to duel in front of Mid-South fans

MILLINGTON, Tenn. (June 5, 2015) - Catch the Outlaws at Memphis International Raceway (MIR) will be an event that's unprecedented in the years since the Discovery channel series "Street Outlaws" started.

Catch the Outlaws features four original cast members - Doc, Derek, Dominator and Monza - who are all currently on the show's Top 10, and all racing competing at the same track.

"I'm pretty sure this is the first time this has happened," said James "Doc" Love. "This is going to be a huge event for the fans. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm excited about it. I've got a great feeling we're going to put on an incredible show."

Dominator is also looking forward to what this rare matchup will bring.

"We've been travelling quite a bit together in pairs, but this

Dominator, Doc, Monza and Derek take to the track Friday and Saturday night at MIR at Catch the Outlaws.

is the first time we'll be able to mix it up on the track," said Joe "Dominator" Woods. "Every single one of us has made changes to our cars to make them faster."

Doc has been keeping tabs on the competition and has heard all the changes the other three have made.

"Dominator is coming out with a new combo this year. He just went to fuel injection. We're not sure how fast that car is going to be," Doc said. "Derek has had some rear end and transmission issues. He's pretty sure he has those fixed. We haven't seen the potential of his car yet.

"Monza took a lot of weight out of his Camaro over the winter so he's lighter than my car now. I'm playing with some new jets. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm not going to leave anything on the table racing these guys."

Derek Travis said he enjoys racing at new and different tracks, even if his car doesn't always feel the same way.

"One of the perks of the show is being able to go around to different tracks and race on ones I haven't raced on before," Derek said. "My problem is my car really doesn't like tracks. The last time I was at one my back window broke after the rear end twisted up so hard."

This will be Monza's second appearance at MIR, but his first behind the wheel because last year he was nursing a bum hip.

"My car is running really good," Jerry "Monza" Johnston said. "Last season, I was dealing with a broken hip and some issues with the car. I dropped some spots on the list I shouldn't have lost. The way it's running now, I'll get them back. Racing is fun again."

Monza and the other Outlaws won't be the only cars on the track racing for fun, glory and cash after the MIR gates open at 6 p.m. each night.

On Friday night, there will be an open Test N Tune format running. The street legal car with the best ET shown on the scoreboard will win a $100 bounty.

The Friday night runs will be good practice for Saturday night's Gambler's Race. Every $20 tech card receives a free entry

into either the Box or No Box Gambler's Race. Payout to the winner in each race will be $1,000 and a Contingency Connection Racer Rewards book worth over $1,500.

Other payouts include $500 to the runner-up, $75 to the semifinal losers and $50 to the drivers knocked out in the quarters. There will be a $30 buyback for first and second round. Time trials for that race get under way at 7 p.m.

Admission to the event is $20 for racers and spectators with children 12 and under free. A two-day pass for spectators is $30.

The whole weekend will be wrapped up on Sunday, when the Summit Bracket Racing Series presented by COMP Cams takes to the track for a regular points race. Gates open that day at 9 p.m. with the church service starting at 10 a.m. and time trials beginning at 11 a.m.

For more information regarding MIR, please visit www.RaceMIR.com, call (901)-WOW-Race or follow us at www.Facebook.com/RaceMIR or @RaceMIR on Twitter and Instagram.

To view/print this file in PDF format, please click here.

Archived