HMP 75 LAP TRUCK RACE

Yes, there are a lot of special races coming up in June and July that the fan can go to a track almost every week.$2000 to win Street Stock (CTS) $5000 TO win Sport mod (TRP Hudgeons Memorial) July 4 weekend Street Stock Shootout (STS) and 2 nights of ASCS Sprint Cars end of July(SOS).

Top Shelf, I didnt take your post as an attack. I was just adding my .02 worth.

I do what I can, the best I can to support the tracks. I could name off several things that (in my opinion) have hurt local racing but the reality of it is that is all still falls on the shoulders of the racers. If we want to have a place to race, we have to show up and race.

Nick if it was negative I apologize. Just stating observations and Rodney, I agree which is why I agreed to ride along on a last minute two hour ride last night to support an out of town track, will be at another out of town track this coming Saturday, my hometown track the 20th while sending support of a series running at another track that night, a two day event Fourth of July event here, an event I missed greatly on the 11th and then another two day event out of town at the end of July.

No sir, I didn't take your post as negative, Jon. It's just that I know from experience that once the legitimate question of "what do we need to do to help racing grow and flourish in Texas" is raised, it always starts out well, but before long I'm deleting all the track bashing, promoter hating, finger-pointing stuff like crazy,

As Cory says, I have a list of things that I could complain about. Actually, more like several pages of stuff. But bitching about stuff in a public forum is totally against what this forum is all about. So, I was just cautioning those few folks who were getting ready to jump on their anonymous soap boxes that I was ready for them this time.

I was one of those racers who had a whole bunch of complaints about the way things were being run. That was before the internet was ever thought of. Most of the complaints were legit too. So, instead of attacking the tracks, I decided to roll up my sleves and try to make racing better by getting involved on the other side of pit wall. It didn't take long before I was the object of everyone's complaints... well, not everyone. It was just a few who attempted to show me how stupid/incompetent/biased/etc/etc, I am, but they were very good at it.

Bottom line, if you have a complaint about a track/official/call/fellow driver or whatever, take it up with the folks who can actually deal with your complaint.

And, no, editing and deleting posts is not a denial of anyone's 1st Amendment rights. I have been very clear that this is not a bash site and I make sure it doesn't become one.

And, no. I'm not blind to the fact that there are problems at every short track, some more than others. But making sure that the whole world knows what an idiot this or that promoter is, does not help anything or anybody. Getting involved with time, money, expertise - like top_shelf does on a regular basis - is the way to make things better.

Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of racing in Texas, top_shelf.

Nick

Honestly, I think it's just a money problem, we all need more of it and it's just not available. Shift in the general mindset. Not too many casual enthusiasts and yes this hobby is expensive but if you need to travel 2-3 hours every week, make maybe $200-300 at the track (I know, no one here will make money racing at this level), have one bad wreck or grenade a motor, you're done or struggle to get the car back out. Most will do it but with the overall cost of living increasing, most will choose other stuff to pay off or pay for before a car. No one can make money appear from nowhere, but we can promote the sport, all the tracks, series, show the sponsors their investments are noted and beneficial. Does that mean we won't see something we disagree on? Absolutely not. I'm sure we all have a list of complaints and I've been guilty of speak first think last and felt bad afterwards. Think every race I've been to this year I can come up with complaints but more benefits for sure or at least the understanding behind decisions. Years of officiating other sports taught me someone will always be upset about something but can you say you were fair and had best intentions for everyone. I think most do.

That speak first and think last is something EVERYONE is guilty of. me included. At first it seems right them after some time goes by you feel stupid saying it. Been there, done that. I see it alot from racers on FB. Kinda makes me wonder why people fan the flame of bad press. I like to make fun of nascar at times like most, but some of the stuff written is just pure hatred of someone or something. Like Nick said, take it up with them and not play keyboard expert. Ive caught myself being hard headed about some racing stuff and have tried to do my best to get past it and do what i can to help. Even if it means dealing with that ole Holt character at the races. Dont tell him I said that. :D:ph34r:

... Even if it means dealing with that ole Holt character at the races. Dont tell him I said that. :D:ph34r:

Someone told me and sooner or later you'll pay for the "ole" comment... LOL

Archived