Marc White Joins Nitro Funny Car Field For Summer Nationals At Cordova

Chicago's Marc White Joins Growing Nitro Funny Car Field For IHRA Nitro Jam Summer Nationals At Cordova International Raceway

NORWALK, OHIO (May 21, 2015) -- Marc White, driver of Frank Ousley's "Crop Duster" Monza AMSOIL Nitro Funny Car, has filed an entry for the May 29-30 IHRA Nitro Jam Summer Nationals at Cordova International Raceway. White's Nitro Funny Car entry brings the current total to 14 for the Cordova Summer Nationals.White hails from Chicago and the Ousley team is headquartered just 12 miles from CIR in Morrison, Illinois. Although the team owner is 58 years old and the driver is 60, the pairing is new.

"I've been racing since I was 16 years old," White began. "I've been driving Funny Cars since 1985. I was driving Jeff Wilson's 'Flashback' Funny Car last year and the car was parked and sold. I called Frank and told him I was available. He called me back and said, 'Let's race together.' We've won one race together so far, a DRO Series event in Paducah, Kentucky. We raced the car as an Altered and won, and that was just two weeks ago."

The blazing red and mustard yellow Monza body will sit atop the chassis and its 392 engine for Cordova's Nitro Jam. The local heroes will be facing tall odds on the freshly-paved Cordova quarter mile.

"I've raced from 1977 to 1983, quit, then I started racing again in 2008," said team owner Ousley. "We ran Nostalgia Top Fuel for a few years, then we got a Nostalgia Funny Car. We participated in this year's March Meet (Famoso Raceway in McFarland, California) in the spring, then Marc started driving the car."

"The Cordova Nitro Jam is going to be really tough," said White. "The cars that run IHRA on a regular basis are stout. Mike McIntire, Jason Rupert, they all run well. I've been following the track's progress. They're really putting a good effort into getting the track ready."

IHRA NITRO JAM DRAG RACING SERIES

Nitro Jam is "heads-up" drag racing entertainment -- first racer to the finish line wins -- in all five pro categories. The exciting show includes qualifying and eliminations for: Crower Pro Mod, AMSOIL Nitro Funny Car presented by Aeromotive, U.S. Bounty Hunters Pro Stock, Nitro Harley and Jet Dragster classes.

The IHRA pit experience allows fans to tour the pit area, meet the drivers and take part in a number of fun family activities. A special attraction this year is the renowned Hollywood Cars of the Stars collection from the Miami Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection. The exhibit will include famous television and motion picture cars including the TV Batmobile from 1966, the General Lee Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazzard TV series and the DeLorean time machine from the 1985 cinema hit, Back to the Future.

Added attractions at the Cordova Nitro Jam include the Battle of the Jet Fire Trucks and the three-class Midwest Outlaw Racing Series.

Fans may save money by purchasing tickets in advance. Kids (ages 6-12) tickets are only $10.

IHRA NITRO JAM SUMMER NATIONALS SCHEDULE:

FRIDAY, MAY 29

Pre-race ceremonies - 6:45 p.m.
First round of Nitro Jam qualifying - 7 p.m.
Second round of Nitro Jam qualifying - 9 p.m.

SATURDAY, MAY 30

Third round of Nitro Jam qualifying - 2 p.m.
Pre-race ceremonies -- 4:45 p.m.
First round of Nitro Jam eliminations - 5 p.m.
Second round of Nitro Jam eliminations - 7 p.m.
Final round of Nitro Jam eliminations - 8:30 p.m.

Schedule subject to change.

TICKETS: AFFORDABLE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT - KIDS TICKETS ARE ONLY $10.

www.nitrojam.com

ADVANCE TICKET PRICES

Friday Adult -- $20.
Friday Child (ages 6-12) -- $10.
Saturday Adult -- $25.
Saturday Child (ages 6-12) -- $10.
All tickets include a free pit pass.

Cordova International Raceway is located at 19425 IL Rt. 84 N, Cordova, Illinois. For more information, please call (309) 654-2110 or visit www.racecir.com.

Archived