To the Stacy Family:

I don't have anybody in karts this year but the kids that race carts haven't had any kind of tfun this year do you think you could let them race once this year? I'm pretty sure all the corpus gang would show up! Who all would show up if this happened!!

Theres a definite need for a go kart centered program in south texas and racing them during racing events isnt the answer. Its really a sunday afternoon type program where the kids can be the focus and the stands and fans much closer to the action. Without a successful well run karting program we will struggle to produce the future racers locally. I sure hope we can all come together and make a venue and a program that helps grow the sport to the next generation. Its our duty as race fans to keep the sport healthy and whole

I totally disagree.These kids deserve to race in front of the big crowd .It is a big part of the experience too.Take that away from them they won't have as much enthusiasm for it. Also a lot of these kids have parents racing or involved in racing who are already at the track.If they are traveling out of town to the track they will have the extra expense of hotel stay or trip back and forth to the track. A well run program can make time for them. And the tracks around here move their program along good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very good friends with the Stacy's I stuck my neck out for you guys hoping everybody would commit and got few responses on the track side I see their point they were letting them race and not teaching them anything and then I see the racers side they race karts when they take the big car I think the karts will come the parents need to speak up and let them know they are committed we started with karts so we appreciate them so of you guys want to race you need to speak up and show them some interest so you guys can have a place to race its a shame they had a few more karts for this year and they were droped

Archived